Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New Modified Beat Owner

got similar mirrors on mine look good see feck all though lol red one won't take much to sort out

I never adjusted the last ones right so cant compare but the clouded rear screen limits visibility too I just dont look abak anymore ha

Yea the red one will be wearing a few silver parts but if I got a bumper and light it would be fairly complete, I might see about getting the roof restitched/repaired too

The cleaning of the interior has really become a full on job, its just a shell of a car on the inside now... Will be worth it whan it all goes back together cleaned up like new though

The result now though is that this tiny car is starting to take over the house!! The carpets, mats and seats are in another room after a full valet

And this is the first thing I bought specifically for the car, a medium car roof cover that does the Beat nicely.. Will give my time to get the adjustments right on the doors and roof to stop the leaks..

The Del Sol in the backround is what got me onto the slippery slope of convertable Honda ownership

had a del sol myself I like them need to do similar job on my bear this weekend well get all the glue form the doors off which is a mess

Yea that glue is a disaster ill see about taking it off mine now since its all stripped down.

Finally nearly everything is clean gonna clean up and vac the whole inside before refitting everything and spray up a few marks on the floor.

After a good bit of searching last night I found the the side skirts on my beat to be mad by a company called Bee! Tune..

I cant find a website for them but they are for sale on a few wholesale sites in Japan they also do a full kit and spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post

I assume that first pic is a modified intake system. Any more info on that?

standard ally airbox with knock in trumpets fitted,filter fits over the box then plastic cover with cold air feed screws on.
    Placebo effect,may sound better though, power not gonna be altered.

Yea it has Mitsu funnels but behind standard airbox and filter I doubt there is any gains or even a sound differece..

The red one has a HKS intake I cound use but short of running a good air intake and without a filter or a much better flowing filter I cant see there being much gains.. I will try a few things in the new year and see how they work but for now its just staying as funnels in an airbox

Cant really do much with this at the minute because I broke my shoulder two weeks ago so its sitting without an interior outside until I regain some strength to go reassemble it..

I did however track down a different wheel setup that might work a little better with the Beats small size

14x6j et38 Volk TE37s they definately fit a little better..
    They still require a spacer on the front to clear the shock and the tire is touching the arch liner on turning but they are more at up under it I think

Heres how they compare to the 15x6.5js

There isnt as much difference as I would have thought really

And back under the cover again until I can go back to the interior properly with hoperully a few more bits to add

Also thinking of selling the Enkei J Speeds that came on it
    All in perfect condition

13x5j et35 front 155/65 tire
    14x5.5 et45 rear 175/60 tire

Last edited by C-Rex; 08-11-2014 at 10:20 PM.

white te37s look nice seem to sit much better to, once mines built up again i'm going to redo wheels and get new tyres to probably still go 185 55 or 195 45, hoppe the shoulder mends asap!

Yea I think they will be more useable on the car anyway and can put the 15s back on the Del Sol..

If your planning on running yours without arch liners fitment should be fine on the tires you have said above, mine will be mainly for road though so have to keep them and drop width or profile size.. Thanks on the shoulder too four more weeks in a sling so out of work and cant really do much work on the cars either
    Last edited by C-Rex; 10-11-2014 at 02:18 AM.

ooof those 14's look amazing. much better!

you got a stockpile of small ray's over that side of the water or something? lol

what tyres you running?

let me know if you ever sell those 14" TE's....

Yea the car looks a little less like Choro Q model car now on the 14s..
    A lot of good 14/15" alloys came in over the years on jap imports so you can be lucky and pick up some these days still, 14@ TE37s are pretty hard gor but a frind of mine had these got for his EA Civic but will sell them on to me now..

Tires on it are Falken Azenis track tires but Ill haveto change them off fore a more suitable road tire

How much spacer you need to clear the shock running a 14x6 +38?

I went with a 5mm one because I had it there you might be able to use 3 or 4mm too but I did not have any other sizes to check

really really nice! loving seeing all these new work threads. inspiring me to get in the garage and sort all the small jobs on ours that needs doing this winter.
    btw - bee tune stuff is sold through automac who also sell the calracer stuff, sure you've seen it already - the widebody automac cars look amazing!

ps - would love to see some details of the zeta mountings. ive been toying with the idea of getting a pair of zodias or exas, but zeta would be easier to find for the drivers side at least.

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    Yea it has Mitsu funnels but behind standard airbox and filter I doubt there is any gains or even a sound differece..

The red one has a HKS intake I cound use but short of running a good air intake and without a filter or a much better flowing filter I cant see there being much gains.. I will try a few things in the new year and see how they work but for now its just staying as funnels in an airbox
    Doubt any intake will make much of a difference performance wise, I just want it to sound better.
    Which intake system would make the car sound better?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast