Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Modified Beat Owner

Thanks TADO I saw them on the Automac site alright do they have any site of their own or is Automac the manufacturer?
    I started messing with mounting the Zeta yesterday too I will be using universal side mounts and bolting them to the original base, it will need me to modify the seat belt buckle mount but should be ok.. Ill get plenty of pics

cliov6: I have a HKS intake there for it too off the red beat Ill use that setup once I get a new filter element for it.. Will get pics and results up in the next few days

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    Thanks TADO I saw them on the Automac site alright do they have any site of their own or is Automac the manufacturer?
    I started messing with mounting the Zeta yesterday too I will be using universal side mounts and bolting them to the original base, it will need me to modify the seat belt buckle mount but should be ok.. Ill get plenty of pics

cliov6: I have a HKS intake there for it too off the red beat Ill use that setup once I get a new filter element for it.. Will get pics and results up in the next few days
    How does the I take system work? It's not like a normal car where it has 1 throttle body and I can just fit a ram intake to replace the airbox and intake pipe.

The intake still works in a kinda similar way heres a good picture of one fitted to a beat

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...ote.aspx#title

There isnt going to be huge gains but HKS filters generally are pretty loud.. Ill get pics when fitting the one to mine I just need to get a new element for it first becaust it is quiet old and worn

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    The intake still works in a kinda similar way heres a good picture of one fitted to a beat

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...ote.aspx#title

There isnt going to be huge gains but HKS filters generally are pretty loud.. Ill get pics when fitting the one to mine I just need to get a new element for it first becaust it is quiet old and worn
    So you take out the original intake filter and put a pipe and aftermarket cone filter to replace it?

Pretty much. Ill post pictures of the setup when Im doing it

Those ^^ are the cheaper version of the more commonly used funnels mate they just bolt to the base where the airbox bolts to the itbs, if you want to run a hks style induction system all you need is a few bits of silicone some pipe and a good air filter

Do these funnels go under the airbox? Or does it replace the airbox?

Quote Originally Posted by cliov6 View Post
    Do these funnels go under the airbox? Or does it replace the airbox?
    Works just like the individual funnels, does not replace anything. I bought a set - they work fine but took quite a bit of hand finishing. They add a little kick above 7000 rpm.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Finally got back to working on this a bit more..

Now that I had the whole interior out I said Id clean up the floor a bit, the seat rails caused a light surface rust you can see below

All sanded back and cleaned, etch primered and fresh coat of Blade silver has it looking perfect again

And pity to cover it but the fully cleaned up carpets and mats going back in

While it was there in plain sight too I took out the ECU which luckly Brian had the capacitors done in before

To help prevent future problems I decided to add heat reflective tape to the back of the ECU as Ive read heat soak causes some of the problems..

Its very easy fit and looks tidy too.. Does it actually work, I dont know but cant hurt to have it there anyway.

Since this had the Mugen bits already and the interior was getting a clean up I decided to ad a set of Mugen Pedals:

Also added a Mugen gearknob and a set of chequred mats to help protect the original zebra print ones

Looking far tidier on the inside now again with everything cleaned and refitted

Out for a spin then after, finally got it out for a spirited drive had to swap off the TE37s on the front to the wheels with narrower 165 tires as the 175s were catching the arch liner so gonna sort the tires on them asap.. First time fully fitting the tonneau too, its very tidy with the roof down

Also Red is getting some attention too, polished up with the Enkeis and BYS exhaust that were on th esilver one fitted.. Hope to get this complete again soon and maybe keep it standard

Excellent stuff Paul , giving them both the attention I only wish I could have .

Yea Brian if only I could get them properly water tight now Id be happy

That HKS induction kit (I put it onto that red Beat) creates noticeable amount of noise, not unpleasant but like a high pitched whistle and goes well with the exhaust note. The filter element was supposed to be washable (according to the box it came in). You’ll only notice it on full throttle and it’s louder on the passenger side as it extends towards that air intake. The combination of the improved exhaust and induction is probably more sensory than actual performance but I’m sure if you had a stopwatch out you’d see a small difference.

Yea John I found the reciept for that and the exhaust (I wont remind you how much they were)

I have driven other cars with HKS filters alright and they are louder, hopefully it leads to some gains too. The elements are washable but this one has actually completely crumbled appart so is only fit for the bin.. As soon as I get the new one Ill throw it on

Yea, all that stuff was expensive.
    The parts I bought to put on the car (roof, tonneau, exhaust, induction kit, rear light, timing belt change out at a main dealer, alloys&tyres, stereo head unit, autochanger, speakers.. the list went on and on) and hold as spares (lots of engine stuff, some sold now) cost more than the car did itself back in 2002!

Yea I was just looking at the reciept earlier and realised you got them when the car was 11years old but those bits are now on the car 12years and still in pretty good condition although I swapped across the Head unit to the silver beat and its not powering up although the clock on it works.. I might come back working in time if not Ill open it up and see if I can sort it

I just tried a compound on the faded paint on the boot door earlier and surprised by the result!

Also cleaned back up the interior and noticed it has the pins and clips for the optional interior over covers so muct have had one at some stage in Japan

I had the car running and noticed the engine light was staying on although a little dim, no fault code was showing up so popped open the ECU and spotted a leaking capacitor so ordering up a new set tomorrow and will solder them in this week and hopefully sort it

I finally picked up the other Two TE37s off my friend, these came without tires but Ill be swapping the 165s off the red beat onto them because they are a good fit and dont seem to touch the arch liner or any other bits while driving

Here are the specs Ill be running all round, the fronts require a slip on spacer to clear the suspension (Im using a 5mm one) and 165/65 14" tires

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast