Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New Modified Beat Owner

And got out for another great spin today in the silver one on some of the country roads by my house, its more fun everytime I drive it!!

The "Squrossas" off the red beat on because the are the only wheels with good tires I have that fit on the front of it, they will be sorted tomorrow though swapping tires with TE37s all round and looking to pick up centre caps for them (The ones in the pics are robbed off the bronze ones)

I also found out how light they are on the front and easy to lock up, gonna have to experiment a bit with brakes, weight transfer and handling in the next few weeks to try help it out before going on track in February

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    I also found out how light they are on the front and easy to lock up, gonna have to experiment a bit with brakes, weight transfer and handling in the next few weeks to try help it out before going on track in February
    True! after a near miss at a T-junction I threw a sandbag in the spare wheel, maybe 10 kilos. It really helps.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Yea Brian told me that alright will be trying out a few weights to see how it reacts to them..
    Im not sure me upgrading to 262mm brakes will be worth while without addressing this first..

Got the tires swapped today too so ready for TE37s all round tomorrow

Hey good to see the shoulder is mended enough for you to drive, about the weight in the front. Once I get the front brace sorted going to relocate the battery to the front and use a bigger battery anyway should add a decent amount of weight there.

On the brakes front personally I am still going for the swap, the standards never felt that great to me. Talking about this and seeing Bobs I need new wheels!

What kind if brakes do you upgrade to? Is there a set from ankther car that bolts on?
    Also, how is the battery relocation done? I'm interested in that, adds more trunk space and better weight balance.

Gavin I should still be in a sling but its just too tempting.. Its been 4weeks looking out the window at it undriven, I had to take it out..

Yea I was thinking about the battery but might just opt for sandbags at the start, Ill try get it up to a friends who has a setup for corner weighting and see how the weight displacenent is at the minute

Bob: Im going to go with front brakes off a EF8 CRX because I have one myself and already have the front swapped out for NSX calipers and 282mm discs. I can use the standard calipers and 262mm discs Ive taken off it then..
    Some lads are saying it may need 3mm spacing behind the disc to align it right to the caliper but hope to avoid this using EF parts, I think this may only apply to EG and newer setups as they require similar spacing to work on EFs Ill find out pretty soon

Sounds good! Keep me posted. If it's pretty much a bolt on, I would be interested down the road.

cant wait to see this on the te37's all round. looks ace in the pics. re. the brakes, im pretty sure the guys on minkara have been swapping onto jazz / fit brakes a lot- might be worth investigating for reference?

Other wheels sorted and centre caps on

Here are the calipers and carriers from my CRX will try fit them up tomorrow to get an idea of how they fit, must find the discs they are around somewhere

Also building up to do a full service:

Plugs are the Denso K20PR-U11 (the equivilant to the NGK BKR6E-11)
    Oil filter is from Honda its the common one they carry for all petrol hondas through the 90s it replaced the original smaller one listed for the Beat
    Using Land Rover MTF in the gearbox as its the usual one used by all 90s Honda gearboxes too

Just wainting on a replacement element for the HKS filter now

Oil change done today

Wainting for more gear oil now and the HKS filter to be delivered to finish it off..
    Needs rear pads too but Brian included a set with the car so just have to fit them

What are the specs on the TE37 now?

My set is
    14x6+38
    15x6+38

Running 165 tires on all 4 corners.
    I'm adding 15mm spacers up front and 12mm spacers on the rear.

I'll post pics later.

14x6 et38 front and rear
    165/60 tires front (will be the same on the rear when I swap the tires)

6mm slip on spacer front to clear the suspension (maybe your cuscos are a little smaller giving better clearance but my tire is hitting it)

The spacers will be nice on yours to help fill out the arches

Finally getting to use this a bit on the road paid for tax and its booked in for the Irish National Car Test (NCT) next week..
    Out on the wet and muddy Irish country roads many miles away from their intended use on Japanese city streets

And even went for some light shopping that was pushing the Beats storage space to its limit

I tried some local HKS dealers to get a replacement element for the air filter kit but the were saying around €30+ and could take a few days..

So tried eBay where I came across the exact filter I wanted, some small Mugen stickers and best of all a Hyper Rev Magazine for the Beat all in the one shop (Injection Imports)..
    Contacted them and got the whole lot including delivery for €50 and in only 3days..
    They said they could also source bits from Japan too so maybe of interest if someone was looking for some small bits as they seem quiet reasonable

Cleaned up the filter now so looks like new and ready to fit it along with the spark plugs tomorrow

I also bought a hyper rev copy from yahoojp. It's on its way!!!
    I guess why didn't you opt for a filter from another brand?

There is loads in the Hyper Rev I just wish I understood everything in it!

I went with the HKS because it was fitted to the red Beat and just needed the new foam so it was the cheapest setup to go for.. Going out to fit it up now and will get pics

Well went out and put in the intake today.. Must say there is a great sound off it cant really say if there is much of a power increase but it sounds great

Heres the old filter and intake setup

And the HKS setup (uses originalairbox cover, pipe and rubber. The HKS has an adaptor piper rubber pipe and filter then)

Heres how it looks in the engine compartment:

Heres how it looks in behind the side scoop:

It was alot of stripping for just a filter but glad its done now.. NCT next

Great job, can you notice any change in intake sound? More sporty perhaps?

Btw I love the look of your silver beat with the te37's <3

Do you leave the original air filter in the airbox? Or just use the hks filter and leave the airbox empty?

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast