Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Modified Beat Owner

Hybrid View

New Modified Beat Owner

Hey everyone

I was reccommended to join here after buying two Beats off Beecee (his silver one and john m's old red one)
    I dont really know how I ended up with them it was a spur of the moment thing but I didnt want to miss out on the chance of owning one (or two) Beats

The silver one came with a nice spec already

HKS Exhaust
    Mitsu funnels
    Mugen bumper with Fogs
    Mugen Suspension
    Sideskirts (unknown brand so far)
    Enkei J Speeds (13 & 14" staggered)

Brian and John put alot of work into their Beats over the years so there is alot of new and reconditioned parts including new Roof, distributor, coil, ECU etc so should hopefully be reliable in my ownership

The red one (Johns old one) is now wearing a badly rusted Back Yard Special Exhaust, ripped roof and needs a back bumper and drivers rear light but its running like a dream so hope to save this too over time..

Immediate plans are to get the Silver one fully tidied up, NCTd (Irish MOT) and then ad a few more bits and maybe bring it to a track day in the new year.
    I fitted 15" TE37s to it yesterday while I get new tires on the J Speeds and then stripped out the interior to clean it all down before refitting

Here are some pics anyway looking forward to getting to know ye on the forum

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post

I assume that first pic is a modified intake system. Any more info on that?

standard ally airbox with knock in trumpets fitted,filter fits over the box then plastic cover with cold air feed screws on.
    Placebo effect,may sound better though, power not gonna be altered.

Yea it has Mitsu funnels but behind standard airbox and filter I doubt there is any gains or even a sound differece..

The red one has a HKS intake I cound use but short of running a good air intake and without a filter or a much better flowing filter I cant see there being much gains.. I will try a few things in the new year and see how they work but for now its just staying as funnels in an airbox

Cant really do much with this at the minute because I broke my shoulder two weeks ago so its sitting without an interior outside until I regain some strength to go reassemble it..

I did however track down a different wheel setup that might work a little better with the Beats small size

14x6j et38 Volk TE37s they definately fit a little better..
    They still require a spacer on the front to clear the shock and the tire is touching the arch liner on turning but they are more at up under it I think

Heres how they compare to the 15x6.5js

There isnt as much difference as I would have thought really

And back under the cover again until I can go back to the interior properly with hoperully a few more bits to add

Also thinking of selling the Enkei J Speeds that came on it
    All in perfect condition

13x5j et35 front 155/65 tire
    14x5.5 et45 rear 175/60 tire

Last edited by C-Rex; 08-11-2014 at 09:20 PM.

When the interior was out I put in a Bride Zeta III seat I think it looks good in there and lets you sit even lower to the road
    Ill see if I will keep that in once I refit the plastics and carpets

I want it back ��

nice to see you making good use of the luggage rack !!! looks a tidy car

You nearly could have today Brian. Spent 3hrs today cleaning up the door cards it was a trying moment so early in the relationship ha ha

Mikei I think that was pushing it to the limit. Is there actually a practical use for the rack? Its pretty small and the recommend 5kg limit wouldnt allow for much either.

Did it all come off Paul , didnt think it would be hassle , ive used the boot rack and had well over 5kg on it with no problems .

Thanks TADO I saw them on the Automac site alright do they have any site of their own or is Automac the manufacturer?
    I started messing with mounting the Zeta yesterday too I will be using universal side mounts and bolting them to the original base, it will need me to modify the seat belt buckle mount but should be ok.. Ill get plenty of pics

cliov6: I have a HKS intake there for it too off the red beat Ill use that setup once I get a new filter element for it.. Will get pics and results up in the next few days
    How does the I take system work? It's not like a normal car where it has 1 throttle body and I can just fit a ram intake to replace the airbox and intake pipe.

The intake still works in a kinda similar way heres a good picture of one fitted to a beat

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...ote.aspx#title

There isnt going to be huge gains but HKS filters generally are pretty loud.. Ill get pics when fitting the one to mine I just need to get a new element for it first becaust it is quiet old and worn

The intake still works in a kinda similar way heres a good picture of one fitted to a beat

http://minkara.carview.co.jp/en/user...ote.aspx#title

There isnt going to be huge gains but HKS filters generally are pretty loud.. Ill get pics when fitting the one to mine I just need to get a new element for it first becaust it is quiet old and worn
    So you take out the original intake filter and put a pipe and aftermarket cone filter to replace it?

Pretty much. Ill post pictures of the setup when Im doing it

Those ^^ are the cheaper version of the more commonly used funnels mate they just bolt to the base where the airbox bolts to the itbs, if you want to run a hks style induction system all you need is a few bits of silicone some pipe and a good air filter

Do these funnels go under the airbox? Or does it replace the airbox?

Quote Originally Posted by cliov6 View Post
    Do these funnels go under the airbox? Or does it replace the airbox?
    Works just like the individual funnels, does not replace anything. I bought a set - they work fine but took quite a bit of hand finishing. They add a little kick above 7000 rpm.

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast