Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charity run finished here are the Stats!

I now have a pair of calipers for 262 discs from a crx sri del sol and will find out if they fit later today then just to worry about the discs if they do!
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    I just had a look today the Beats master cylinder is 13/16s, a 242mm brake setup on an EF is 7/8s and an siR 262mm setup is 15/16s..

When going at it Ill measure the piston size in the calipers and see what differences they are.. Id think with a 262 front and standard rear the 7/8s master cylinder would be pretty close.. The bolts mount diagonally like on an EF too so should bolt straight on

I have driven with brake conversions and different size cylinders they still work fine but to make the most of it its better to match it all up
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

The carrier for the 262 caliper from a del sol might not sit properly centred on the disk as mentioned earlier..

You could get around this by shaving the carrier or putting a small spacer behind the disk.

Hi, I have eventually got round to checking clearances on this 262mm brake conversion, (We hibernated in Spain this year! so things got put off for a while) I have a spare front hub so I can mount it on the bench to get a better view on it, whereas the disc fits and needs spacing by 5.5mm the carrier is nowhere near right and the mount holes are short of lining up by 15mm, do you know if there is another carrier that would fit?
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Rex View Post
    The carrier for the 262 caliper from a del sol might not sit properly centred on the disk as mentioned earlier..

You could get around this by shaving the carrier or putting a small spacer behind the disk.
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

Good Afternoon Folks,

My name is ben from Canada. I'm looking for a pair of DOT/SAE approve tail lights and head lights. Currently my poor beat is in the garage rusting away due to strict regulations inCanada. If anyone could help me find such part or a suggestion on how to make my car drivable again that would help me a lot. thank you for your time..

Sincerely,
    ben

Maybe start a new thread next time, but here is what i did:
    http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...-DOT-compliant
    Good luck with the inspection Ben, they can be quite picky.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12