Thread: Honda Beat won't start when hot, starts reluctantly when cold: Error 8 TDC Sensor

Honda Beat won't start when hot, starts reluctantly when cold: Error 8 TDC Sensor

Well,

Bought my first Beat 2 weaks ago, Red with 95.000 km's.
    Has been garaged for a year with the last owner who just didn't have the time to drive it.
    Battery was recharged and fired up instantly, but there was a check engine light. He didn't know why.
    Drove home without problems (600 km) and after the first stop for petrol the check engine light didn't reappear.
    A couple of days later when I wanted to move it at home he didn't want to start at first. After a lot of trying he did fire up. Wafter driving it for 30 minutes it won't start again.
    Day later it started again after a bit of trying, but after 15 mins it didn't want to start again. Sometimes when it does start it gives check engine light.

I checked for the error and it gave error 8, TDC Sensor. That figures why it doesn't want to start or very reluctantly.
    Is there some part number available for a new one? The only thing I could find was the part number for the whole dizzy assembly.

I asked a JDM dealer who said he had everything Beat related and he replied with this:
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HONDA-BEAT...e=STRK:MESE:IT

But I don't think this is the correct sensor I'm looking for?

I can try to clean the current TDC Sensor, but I'm not a mechanic and don't know what to look for or where, maybe any help from here?

Thanks

Hi there, I've been having issues with my beat too. The TDC sensor is located inside of the Dizzy, as far as i have seen and been advised, the entire Dizzy should be replaced. The guys here may have a good used one.

Check this post below to see if it will assist, you can check the sensor's resistance to determine the possibility that it should be ok.

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...ghlight=sensor

The other guys should be able to give good advice otherwise.

Good luck!

Yikes!
    Well, because the error is there chances are high that I do need to replace the dizzy.
    Oh well, lets look for a replacement one.
    Damn rare cars.
    I'll try to find out if it's ok or not.

Thanks!

Hi welcome to joys of the beat
    It sounds like you need a complete dizzy as if it is starting to fail then it is probably an original older type and may seize up and cause a lot more damage
    If you are lucky Gavin on here may still have one for sale
    Is this the car that was based in Wiltshire that you bought recently ?

This is the one (yes, the one from Wiltshire):

Needs bit tidying up but drives well.
    Last edited by Solleke; 08-02-2015 at 10:43 PM.

Its so shiny,looks great. I'm struggling to sort out functionality before looks. Lots of money spent so far, don't know when i'll give up.