Thread: How does this ecu look?

How does this ecu look?

This is the original ecu that came on the beat, it did start the car and run it for a while but knowing the capacitors generally go I got a new ecu and relay then used them, the ecu light was pulled when I got the car so I assume there was something wrong with this?

I've taken a few pics to show, looking at the back it seems that it's never been repaired?

However this looks like water damage or the capacitor(s) have actually gone?

These however seem ok

rather than trying to get another ecu was thinking can this one be saved?

That definitely looks like a leaked capacitor, it just depends if the corrosion has damaged other tracks on the board thou that can be repaired with jump wires etc depending where it is. Needs a keen eye and a steady hand.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve_M View Post
    That definitely looks like a leaked capacitor, it just depends if the corrosion has damaged other tracks on the board thou that can be repaired with jump wires etc depending where it is. Needs a keen eye and a steady hand.
    Tidy at least I know it's that now the tracks seem fine by eye Steve no rustyness as set in yet, I'll need to check another thread as I remember another member doing his and used something to clean the board but can't remember the name of it. Good that it's just that part that is iffy.

Looks like my ECU, need to find one i think for when i get back in a few months. Mine had capacitor leaks, the extent of the damage i am unsure of. The guy did repair it and it did work for one day. Don't know if they are that fickle.