Thread: Adjustable suspension and 30/35mm lowering springs, front mud flaps, service kits

Adjustable suspension and 30/35mm lowering springs, front mud flaps, service kits

OEM front mud flaps £30 posted

Stupid small racing mirrors £35 posted

GAB Adjustable front and rear shocks good condition no leaks can come with 30/35mm springs £265 posted was going to use these on my Beat but I've won some coilovers so these need to go

e07a beat cylinder head will be bare but has bent valves how many I will confirm over next few weeks ideal to rebuild off the car or just keep as a spare £55 posted

I can also offer major service kits which compromise of timing belt, both tensioners, both oil seals, water pump, alt and a/c belts for reasonable prices compared to what they cost in the UK other common items like ecu, dizzy, after market ht leads etc can be had as well if there is anything specific be free to send me a message

What kinda prices on the service kits? OEM Honda or other brands?

Will be similar to the above Paul, price wise will double check tonight as got a few sources I can order from now

Thats great if you can Gavin thinking of doing the lot on the Red Beat

Major Service kit as follows

Rocker Gasket
    Timing Belt
    Both tensioners
    Both Oil seals
    Water pump
    Alt & AC Belts

All in delivered would be £165 + whatever percentage paypal fees are all parts are the same I am using myself for my rebuild.

Looked up OEM air filters and Oil filters those are better from Honda direct as you'd only be saving a few quid most there same with spark plugs.

Aftermarket HT Leads full set of 4 £85 + paypal fees

ECU's and Distributors are still available but prices vary.

suspension, mirrors and flaps need to go open to offers on them

Original Honda badges front and rear, front is brand new and rear used. Rear will need cleaning to get the tape off the silver bits but otherwise all good lugs are perfect just apply your own double sided tape and presto good badges. £25 delivered.

Aircon pump no long needed spare unit £35 delivered

Help?

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    OEM front mud flaps £30 posted

Stupid small racing mirrors £35 posted

GAB Adjustable front and rear shocks good condition no leaks can come with 30/35mm springs £265 posted was going to use these on my Beat but I've won some coilovers so these need to go

e07a beat cylinder head will be bare but has bent valves how many I will confirm over next few weeks ideal to rebuild off the car or just keep as a spare £55 posted

I can also offer major service kits which compromise of timing belt, both tensioners, both oil seals, water pump, alt and a/c belts for reasonable prices compared to what they cost in the UK other common items like ecu, dizzy, after market ht leads etc can be had as well if there is anything specific be free to send me a message
    Hey Gavin,

I just snapped my timing belt so I am wondering what you think I will need and how much it will cost to fix it? Please help!!

Hi John,

Sorry to say that a snapped timing belt is usually pretty fatal, and you'd need to take the engine apart to determine exactly what needs doing. The snapping of the belt causes the careful synchronisation between the valves and pistons to fail, making the valves hit the piston (and sometimes each other). Do a google image search on "failed cam belt" to see the range of mechanical messiness that can ensue.

As a minimum based upon what we know is gone and will need changing you'd need the cam belt and idler kit, then you would need a head gasket, new coolant, and oil simply because you've had the block apart. Then you would get in to the damage you don't yet know about and somewhat depends upon how fast the engine was going at the time and which were the weak parts which gave way first, such as valves, followers, camshaft, pistons, con-rods. None of these are especially cheap, and if you go down this route I'd suggest stripping the engine first to find out what needs doing.

Stu
    PS: If you want to get rid of it for parts, I am in the market.
    ! Stuei