Thread: New Beat owner

New Beat owner

Hi All,
    A quick hello from Southampton, UK. Just acquired this beautiful and extremely well cared-for Beat Version C - some of you may recognise it. It's a credit to its previous owner, who I would like to thank again, for making the whole process so easy and pleasurable. I'll doubtless be along with all sorts of questions, but meanwhile, first job is to get some Midship Amusement graphics action going.
    Cheers, Steve

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BassettGreen1.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	222.9 KB 
ID:	2559

Looks good much better buy than that silver one you went to see

Beat looks lovely, wheels compliment it nicely, are they factory for the version C?

Thanks chaps - yes it's a beauty, I'm very lucky. No, the correct OEM wheels for the version C are white pepperpots, but I prefer these. They've either been restored at some stage, or they've been extremely well looked after, as they've cleaned up like new.
    I'm trying to track down its earlier history - there are lots of clues that it may have been imported as a new car by 'Rare Imports' in 1993 - they were buying in both used, and new to order Beats and Cappos at the time.
    So - BEAT Midship Amusement decals - shall I go silver or bright red?

As mentioned a Version C had white pepperpot wheels and white decals.

Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

....and a foggy yellow rear screen? Mine's clear.

If they're unobtainable Gavin might be able to help you out, he had a mate of his recreate the original mugen beat decals that are impossible to get now.

I'm on it, thank you R@tch. I have a mate who's a graphic designer and does decals, vinyls etc. He's currently making me a couple of sets in red, and a couple of sets in silver. Will try the red first, as although it's non-original, I think they'll look great on the blue paint. Oh - and with a couple of red r-type 'H' Honda badges :-)

Sounds as if you've got your decals sorted but there is a guy on here who produces them. I like the look of your Beat and as you say it's a credit to its former keeper. My Beat's red (PP1) but certainly of interest wherever it goes. Be prepared for the usual question..... Has it got a motorcycle engine? No, it's definitely 100% a car. At a show a guy spotted the stereo had a CD button and he asked me where's the slot for it as it looks very narrow. I revealed the autochanger in the boot which provided his answer. I suspect yours has one being a 'special edition'? I am confident you'll be enjoying driving it! Tracing its history will be interesting. I have a notebook where I record everything I've done to mine since I had it. It's easy to forget some things like the MOT date etc but useful to have it all noted down.