Thread: Honda Beat question from Ian

Honda Beat question from Ian

Hi, I am new to Honda Beats,I have been very interested in them for a while, but never driven one, I was wondering,for long journeys,on motorways,at 70mph,what is the approx rpm in fifth?,
    Thankyou,
    Ian

Quote Originally Posted by Minian View Post
    Hi, I am new to Honda Beats,I have been very interested in them for a while, but never driven one, I was wondering,for long journeys,on motorways,at 70mph,what is the approx rpm in fifth?,
    Thankyou,
    Ian
    About 6000rpm.
    ! Stuei

Thanks Stuei,
    Ian

The crazily short gear ratio choice is one of the best things about the Beat - it is geared like a racing car, so that it just reaches the red line when it gets to the max speed expected. Although if their ECU is modded to remove the 87mph electronic speed limiter, which also removes the rev limiter, they can apparently do 100mph at 9300rpm - *beyond* the red line... Not bad for an old 0.6 litre engine. Also note that many Beats have had larger diameter tyres fitted, which will lengthen this gearing relationship (although this won't be apparent from the instruments).
    Does anyone know *any* other production car in history with a shorter 5th gear? I have searched for over 10 years, and I now believe that the Beat has the world record for this.