Thread: S2000 seats? will they, won't they?

S2000 seats? will they, won't they?

a Friend is selling two seats from his S2000 does anyone know if these would cram into a beat or are they just too dammed big?!?

highly unlikely i'd think.
    Beat seats are different sizes, passenger side is narrower.
    let us know if you manage it

yeah, the beat is just too tiny! nice dream for a short while though.

Hmmm I have recently seen the deft design Craft Beat http://www.deft11.jp/beat/index.html and they have used S2000 seats in there so I have asked for the seats they have been given and now I can play to see if I can get them to fit!

Fingers crossed it'll be a little while I have a few other bits to do first but I will keep you posted.

S2000 seats do fit seen a few in Beats over in Japan, seen Civic EK9 Recaros and Integra DC2 Recaros fitted as well, squeeze on the passenger side but they do go.

oh, great news! I was just going to get them and do whatever it took but now I know there are a few like it I'm really pleased can't be too big a job. I hope.

Don't get me wrong it is a squeeze and a half but they do go

Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    S2000 seats do fit seen a few in Beats over in Japan, seen Civic EK9 Recaros and Integra DC2 Recaros fitted as well, squeeze on the passenger side but they do go.
    Any idea what seat bracket is used for the DC2 recaros or s2000 seats?

The Recaros should be SR4s or something. So they should be bottom mount. Get a plate cut out and drilled, and you should be able to bolt them to your existing rails. Not sure how the S2000 seats are mounted to the rails.

Excellent! is this your beat Gavin? if so was there much modification required? any info would be greatly appreciated.

Not mine one of the few I've seen.

tbh the way you'd probably go about it is how Aaron said get plates welded to the oem seat rails bolt seat to that job done, plenty of second hand dead seats about to.

yeah I guess once I have them it'll make more sense. cheers anyway. still got a fair way to go before I worry about those just yet.

Actually, I took a look at the bottoms of the seats when I pulled out my carpet. IIRC, it looks like the seats are undermounted to the rails as well. In theory, you should be able to weld some nuts to the plate, and use some shorter bolts. (You might not even have to do that, depending on the mounting holes for the Recaros are.) That way, you can go back to stock, if you're ever inclined to do so.

Well I have the seats and I'm butchering the runners etc to get them to fit but so far so good I'll post some pics soon. But it seems to be going ok on the drivers side. Seats are a bit tired but I'll clean the up properly once I've got them properly fitted

Pleased.

Ok drivers seat is in and looks great still got to clean it up but love the look of it. The hard part now begins. The passenger side is 2" narrower therefore fitting the huge S2000 seat will be a real challenge. Should be fun getting it to squeeze in but I'm confident it'll go. Lots of fab I think but we'll see.

What'd you have to do to the runners to get them to go in?

The runners on the S2000 seats? We took everything off. The only remaining part was the original sides as these keep the seat together. I then welded the Beat seat frame to the underside of the S2000 seat after cutting off any excess metal.

The drivers side was actually quite easy, the passenger side you have to be prepared to fix the seat back as space is so limited. it's incredibly tight! I have managed to get the seat adjustable forward and back but there is rubbing on the centre tunnel. I will take some pics this week end and show you how they look. overall I'm really pleased with them I just need to clean them up and then I can move on to more interior fun!!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	216 
Size:	522.1 KB 
ID:	2608Click image for larger version. 

Views:	200 
Size:	517.6 KB 
ID:	2609Click image for larger version. 

Views:	205 
Size:	505.5 KB 
ID:	2610

As you can see it is very tight on the passenger side. The seat will be in contact with the door card but thems the breaks I guess.

Looking good! Would you have happened to have taken some pictures of the process? I'd love to see what you did.

No I'm not that organised. I've got to take them out again. I'll show you the lack of fab skills I have and take some pics of the bases. So you can see what's going on underneath. Be kind though I'm not master fabricator that's for sure.

I'll see if I can do it tomorrow.