Thread: Beat from USA

Beat from USA

Hello everyone. I recently picked up a 91 Beat for a fun little daily car. I've had a few RHD cars here in america (92 180sx, 92 silvia, 99 silvia, 96 aristo, 96 GT-R). I have to say i honestly love the beat and its up there for top 1-2 of the cars i've owned. The car was purchased completely stock other than the momo wheel.

TE-37
    14x5 +45
    15x6.5 +38

Mugen Sport Suspension

Dixcel F+R Rotors
    OEM Pads

RS Mach
    -Radio DIN with OPT A/B
    -ECU Heatshield

Replaced:
    -Spark Plugs
    -Transmission Fluid
    -Oil
    -Air filter

Mugen Suspension

TE-37s powder coated and on

Last edited by CZski; 20-06-2016 at 01:48 AM.

Wheel stickers arrived

RS Mach parts

Last interior update

Wow. Lovely clean little monster. Nice one.

That RS Mach setup is really nice.. The black TE37s really suit it too, Ive white ones on my Silver Beat

So I've seen a lot of posts about the hot start issues on the beat. I've replaced the main relay and put the RS Mach heat blanket on the ECU to help out w the heat getting to the ECU. Also I opened up the ECU yesterday and none of the capacitors were leaking so I'm not sure what the issue is. I also just ordered the relocation harness so I can move the ECU under the passenger seat to try and mitigate this problem. Any other ideas as to what this could be?

Quote Originally Posted by CZski View Post
    So I've seen a lot of posts about the hot start issues on the beat. I've replaced the main relay and put the RS Mach heat blanket on the ECU to help out w the heat getting to the ECU. Also I opened up the ECU yesterday and none of the capacitors were leaking so I'm not sure what the issue is. I also just ordered the relocation harness so I can move the ECU under the passenger seat to try and mitigate this problem. Any other ideas as to what this could be?
    I would suggest capacitors may be on the way out but not yet leaking. About 18 months ago fed up with trying to replace faulty caps I inquired as to the cost of a new ECU at my Honda dealer. I believe it was around £600. At that point with a dead straight face I replied "I'll take two." I went on to explain we had two Beats in need of one. Both ran considerably better than they had for some time previously. (Sadly the gearbox on one of them now sounds like its mixing concrete, but it has done over 200,000 km.) Given the amount you appear to be spending on this car why not just replace the ECU.