Thread: How do you remove the ignition cylinder?

How do you remove the ignition cylinder?

So the new car's d/s lock is kind of crunchy, and I've grown quite attached to the key I had cut for the old car. I've been looking at the service manual, and I haven't been able to find instructions on how to take it out. Any advice, guys? Thanks!

hi aaron havent removed a beat ignition lock yet but most cars if you remove the cowling around steering wheel then take off ignition switch at back turn key to position 3 and there should be a pin you push in (allen keys work well ) and barrell should slide out
    as for the doors i think gavin has an addiction to painting the handles black so he should be able to give you an indepth method of removing handles/door locks that is unless hes still doing 14 hour shifts at work
    i will have a look at my donor car / shell tommorrow and update if any different but it will be around same time

Cool. Thanks, Mikei. Got most of the interior on the the old car apart already, including the cowling (getting pretty good at that now); I'll give that a try!

All locks switched over! Thanks, man!