Thread: Need Parts due to battery fire

Need Parts due to battery fire

Just happened yesterday. With the motor out for the past month for rebuild and me miles away, the battery decided to short / explode and burn stuff in the immediate area.

Initial list of needed parts (likely to increase):

1.) main fuse relay
    2.) rubber trim around the top of the trunk walls
    3.) maybe, right side tail light assembly
    4.) center brake light

Please PM me if you have these items for sale and we can discuss details.

Marcus
    Attached Files Attached Files

Really sorry to hear that Marcair. I can't help you with the parts but I hope you get it all sorted. Thank goodness it didn't burn your house down!

Repair complete and tested without issue. All wire splices were soldered and heat shrink. Just need to add 2 grommets. Assembled components to replace the lost 'main fuse box' and rerouted the rear lighting bundle to enter trunk from the left side in lieu of the right side. Makes for a cleaner setup for my config. Still waiting on rebuilt motor due Sept.

Currently doing the research to determine if the Honda Beat will accept an automatic transmission from the Honda Today. My girl does not drive a stick.

Any thoughts?

May be shopping for another Beat.
    Attached Files Attached Files

My girl does not drive a stick either. Her flying though...
    ! Stuei

Seen a few conversions started in Japan all have got to the stage of mounting the engine and gearbox but the issue is the size and shape of the AT box is different and pretty big so fouls the rear subframe if I can find the link I will message you but it's been best part of 3/4 years since I last looked at the most up to date one.

Appreciate any info / pics that are available. I accept the likely need for alteration. If a sizable B16 or B18 engine can be installed with minimal rework, I'm hoping adding the AT is do-able. Another unknown issue: amount of power loss due to the AT

B16/18 can be done Marc but every conversion I've seen done has basically needed the entire rear subframe redesign, custom gear selection system, custom driveshafts, custom fuel tank/system. I'd put it on a similar level of work required to what you went through with the Busa when you first did it years back.

As for the AT mate I shouldn't imagine power loss to be an issue at all going by the figures for the JA4 Honda Today/Life but if you are thinking of importing a car to transplant everything into a Beat I'd recommend you go for the later E07Z turbo engine that came with an AT trans in 90% of all applications will need a bit more work wiring everything in although still limited to 64bhp it's got a decent amount more torque for day to day use plus a bit more "Modern" with COP for it's ignition setup so no worries about dizzies and having to mess with timing etc.

Good to know. Will continue conversation with contact in Japan and relay your thoughts.

Good thing with the later stuff as well Marc is with it being obd2 if you wire it all in properly then you will have a proper port to plug a code reader in to as well.

Below pulled off Wiki but has list of cars it came in to help you out

E07Z (turbo version)[edit]
    PGM-FI SOHC 12 valve turbo
    Displacement: 656cc
    Bore × Stroke (mm): 66.0 × 64.0
    Horsepower: 47 kW (64PS) / 6,000 rpm
    Torque: 93N m (9.5 kg m) / 3,700 rpm (HM1 Vamos)
    Honda Vamos / Vamos Hobio (HM1 / 2)
    Honda Life Dunk (JB3 / 4)
    Honda Z (PA1)
    Honda That's (JD1/2)

Thanks to Mr Hughes for the replacement parts all is well. After installing and closing the trunk I noticed the latch did not work. The fire melted the plastic clip. Fortunately a have large vents that can be removed. Then using a dremel I slotted the 4 panel screw ends and then unscrewed them from the forward side. Reached thru to slide linkage. Could have been an ugly situation.
    Rebuilt motor is back in and impressed with the power from the increase from 1300cc to 1550cc.

Sounds great Marcus :-)