Thread: Air Con

Air Con

OK, so I decided to have the air-con guy check over the Beat's air-con whilst he repaired my wife's Renault.

It was holding the gas (still had some in there, and I've had this one over a year but never run the air-con), however there were a couple of issues that I hope people can help me with:
    1. Compressor can be made to work, but the earth from the relay is not working properly. Any ideas?
    2. There is a blockage in the gas pipeline, the guy reckons it will probably be the expansion valve or the drier. I can find the drier easily enough, but does anyone know where I can find the expansion valve and how I can get to it?

Also does anyone have the part number for the expansion valve?

Thanks,

Stuart

PS: In bad news, my windscreen is cracked after a stone chip. Luckily my insurance is sorting it out, unluckily they tell me it will be 12-14 weeks to get it from Japan. I put a call in to a Honda garage to see if they could supply one quicker. Sure enough Honda UK say they don't support this part any more, and I'd have to arrange for one myself from Japan. I'm going to wait for my insurer to do it.
    ! Stuei

Hi Stuart,

there is a company in Austria listing the Beat windscreen. I donīt know them but maybe it is worth a call.

http://www.carcompany.at/windschutzscheiben

Good luck and regards, Hans

Quote Originally Posted by Hans View Post
    Hi Stuart,

there is a company in Austria listing the Beat windscreen. I donīt know them but maybe it is worth a call.

http://www.carcompany.at/windschutzscheiben

Good luck and regards, Hans

Thanks Hans, I have family in Japan, so I can get them to send one across if nothing else works.

Stu
    ! Stuei