Thread: Need a few bits to complete

Need a few bits to complete

Hello Everyone,

I just finished importing a Beat from Japan which has been something I have wanted to do for years - and was finally able to do because the first year models are now 25 years old. I'm in the US, and have been happy to find this forum where I can read everything. All the paperwork I got with my Beat is in Japanese which is of no use - except for the pictures.

Anyway, I'm hoping someone may have a few odds and ends that I'm needing for my new purchase.

I need to buy the rear hatch lid prop rod and grommets. For now, I'm holding it up with a stick, but would prefer the original equipment.

Also, my stock fire extinguisher disappeared during the journey from Japan so now I just have the empty clips over on the passenger side. If no one can help with an extinguisher - is there any other reasonable way to repurpose that holder?

Finally, on the rear bumper cover, there are 4 black plastic trim plates - or in the case of my car there are 3. My upper right side one is missing. I've put some black electrical tape to disguise the problem, but would like to replace the plate if possible.

Any ideas or leads would be appreciated. Thank you,

Pete
    Bowling Green, Kentucky
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	beatinusa.jpg 
Views:	201 
Size:	205.9 KB 
ID:	2612  

The missing bit on the passenger side is actually a road flare. Due to that, shipping it over may be an issue.

Whoops - I saw red in photos and assumed it was a fire extinguisher. I'm sure the flare was removed at the port. Still looking for the other items if possible.

Pete