Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Beat

My Beat

Hi

Thought I should introduce my beat...

I have had Preludes in the past and a host of Japanese sports cars...

I currently also have a MK1 Insight... but thats a little large....

The Beat is booked in for its MOT and has been off the road for several years.... so some re-commissioning required.

I am keen to meet other members to compare my car and see what I need (apart from a new roof, wheels and how do I fit a regular sized radio ?)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_000 (1).jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	499.5 KB 
ID:	2654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_000.jpg 
Views:	219 
Size:	499.5 KB 
ID:	2655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	File_000 (2).jpg 
Views:	233 
Size:	492.0 KB 
ID:	2656  

There are a few ways to fit a regular DIN sized radio.

One way is to buy an adapter unit that replaces the part of the centre stack that the radio sits in. This effectively reduces some of your legroom, but "c'est la vie". The other common way of doing it is to lose the glovebox and mount a radio there instead. While it preserves your legroom, you'll be reaching over to do anything, so the radio you get had better have bluetooth.

As soon as I figure out how to program these stupid microcontrollers, I may be able to access the cd changer port as an aux in.

Mine is under the dash immediately to the left of the steering column.

Hi,
    Personally I would keep it as original as possible. You have the original alloy wheel option and I think they look great. The stereo is also fine, no need to change it unless it is broken, and you can add in an 'as identical as option' multi-CD player in the boot, which plugs right in to the back of the original stereo. Your roof also looked OK. If this was the Beat recently on Ebay from Liverpool then if I remember correctly the rear screen did need replacing, any convertible roof firm should be able to sew in a new plastic screen for you. I would look to recover those seats, which should be zebra if you want to stay original, and get an original steering wheel too.

For your MoT I would take a good look at the brake calipers, which are known to seize.

Stu
    ! Stuei

I agree with Stu about keeping it original but obviously many owners want da bling. By the next decade, original Beats will be highly valued. I had a lesson as an owner of a 1963 Alfa Romeo Guilia Spyder. Up until the '80's some awful things were done to them but as they got to collector vintage, nobody wanted the modified ones. Original steel wheels especially became highly sought after. Having said that, Alfa had no analogous official aftermarket supplier like Mugen is to Honda.

Steve in Okinawa

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Hi all

Indeed it is the one from Liverpool on eBay, for MOT it needs tyres ... so I am fitting new wheels and tyres but keeping originals. I am on the hunt for a standard steering wheel .... anyone got one ? I also need a new roof, the one on it is perhaps not as bad as some , but I want a full roof that works well.... any recommendations ?? Also anyone near by I could meet to have a look at another beer as it's been years since I saw one .

Quote Originally Posted by Strangerover View Post
    Also anyone near by I could meet to have a look at another beer as it's been years since I saw one .
    Pretty deprived up there? Have you looked in all of the 4000 holes?

Past Hondas:
    1960 125cc Honda Benly CB92R
    1964 305cc Super Hawk CB77, the only vehicle I have ever bought new in my life!
    Honda CB160, roadraced as 175cc 1967-1970.
    Honda Lawnmower, bought used in 2003, caught fire and melted in 2005.

Hi all

Indeed it is the one from Liverpool on eBay, for MOT it needs tyres ... so I am fitting new wheels and tyres but keeping originals. I am on the hunt for a standard steering wheel .... anyone got one ? I also need a new roof, the one on it is perhaps not as bad as some , but I want a full roof that works well.... any recommendations ?? Also anyone near by I could meet to have a look at another beer as it's been years since I saw one .
    I can try to get you one. Do you want the standard one, or the Momo one? The Momo one might be a little harder to come by

dont you juat love auto correct....... beer.... not a problem finding :-)

Beats.... not seen another up hear since the days I used to run Jap Northwest car club.... (about 7 years ago)

How much is a complete standard one ? And can it be shipped due to having an airbag ??

If you're looking for an airbag model, might be out of luck. The non-airbag wheel will likely run about 4000-10000 for one in fair to excellent condition. The Momo ones seem to start about 16000 after shipping to me. Then of course, you'd have to factor in shipping to you.

Alternatively, you could look into getting something similar to the OEM Momo, like an Italvolanti Imola Sport, or Nardi Gara3 (I've got this one in my car). Those run slightly cheaper than the OEM Momo.

If you need to have the airbag, the 1993 Civic steering wheel looks quite similar, and might actually be compatible as well.

Hi, I thought they all came with the airbag.... I don't need airbag, just an original Honda one would be good. Any idea how much to ship to UK ?

Hi Strangerover,

I have an original steering wheel in good condition that I would be willing to sell.
    Where abouts in the dark lands of Lancashire do you live?
    I live in Leeds.

Dave

Hi, I thought they all came with the airbag.... I don't need airbag, just an original Honda one would be good. Any idea how much to ship to UK ?
    With the weight of the OEM wheel, I would expect shipping would probably another 2000-3000 yen. Of course, I wouldn't be able to tell you exactly unless someone wants to tell me how much one weighs.

Hi

I live in Ashton in Makerfield

I could be tempted by your wheel !

Don't suppose you have an ashtray ??

I just replaced my ashtray in the last couple of months. The corners can break off them, as had happened to mine before I got it. I fear I may have thrown the old one away but I'll check.

I need to find the steering wheel first. I'm pretty sure it's in my dads garage but he's away at the moment. Leave it with me.

Could meet up half way in between if we can agree a price then you can look at my Beat also.

I was initially intending to keep it original but changed my mind. Each to their own eh?

Dave

Hi
    Email me

Thanks
    Last edited by Strangerover; 03-10-2016 at 08:55 PM.

Have PM'd you :-)

Can you source the ash tray ??

Can you source the ash tray ??
    Hi,
    I found my old ash tray today. If you want it it's yours.
    Just cover p&p.
    Dave

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast