Thread: Does the Beat have a PCV valve?

Question Does the Beat have a PCV valve?

I am having some creeping idling problems and have already cleaned up the throttle body, replaced the air filter and the hose that runs from the top of the gasket cover to the throttle.

Tonight I took off the IAC and found dark oil and a orange liquid in the hoses and valve. Not quite sure where this is coming from. Someone has told me they had a similar problem on a non-Honda which they resolved by cleaning the PCV valve.

Anyone know if the Beat has a PCV valve and if so, where it is?

Just found this....http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...ghlight=Idling with some solid advice from Steve M. Going to try that in the morning.
    Last edited by kungfuyou; 22-10-2016 at 10:06 PM.

Update. Cleaned the IAC last night with carb cleaner and reinstalled this afternoon. Now it's idling much better. Not perfect but a noticable improvement. I reckon when I flush and bleed the coolant it may resolve this issue....would still like to know if there is a PCV valve somewhere that I'm missing?

I haven't managed to find a PCV on the beat either. I'd bet it has something to do with the fact that there isn't a plenum due to the MTREC system. Therefore a separate vacuum source from all 3 cylinders would be needed, and Honda determined it wasn't worth it. Or it could be due to the engine size. Motorcycles generally don't have PCVs either. I suppose a smaller crankcase might mean a negligible crankcase pressure.