Thread: FS: RS-R Springs Y14000-22000 shipped to North America or Europe

FS: RS-R Springs Y14000-22000 shipped to North America or Europe

Bought these, then bought another car. New car came with coilovers. Not going to need these, I guess.

They come in a box.

Group shot

This is the only spring with wear on it.

Shipped via surface (approx 2 months, no tracking or insurance) is Y14000
    SAL (2 weeks, no tracking, optional insurance) is Y19000
    EMS (4-5 days, tracked, insured) is Y22000

Is the price above for shipping only or with the coils?

That's the price for everything.

Very tempted, do these lower the Beat, and if so, by how much?
    Thx. B.

All sources I see say about 15-20mm

Also, since you're Canadian, I can cut you a bit of a deal if you're willing to pay via EMT rather than Paypal.

SO tempted. 1.5 cm is not a lot but a set of new coil overs is what i really want. What did you get?

Not sure what they are. Can't quite match it up to anything currently on Yahoo Auctions. Whatever they are, they came with camber top plates.

If it helps any, I also have a set of aftermarket struts w/unknown (possibly stock) springs that I'm willing to let go for cheap. Shipping's going to be a bit of a bear of those though.

Would be quite interested... but I'm really more in need of dampers than springs per se. Any ideas?

If you're in Shiga, I'm sure we can work something out. Shipping across Japan makes things a TON easier.

Any ideas for what kind of dampers I can use with? They'll need to be replaced along with some miscellaneous parts too I imagine...

The shocks I have are probably uprated, and would work fine with the springs. I can't separate them from the springs that they're on, since I don't have a spring compressor, but that means you have the strut tops too.

Here are the dampers.

Hah... hang on. So you have another whole set of struts for sale too? What springs are those? I might just buy the struts off you and let someone more keen pick up the RS-R coils. In addition to looking for better turn in, I'm having issues bottoming out on downhill left-handers. Did you ever drive on these yourself? How was the handling? Comfort?

Sorry, for the barrage of questions!

I have no idea what the springs are. I would imagine that they're stock. I never did get a chance to drive on them, as I never got a chance to install them before the shaken was up on the yellow car. I would prefer to move everything in a set, as the springs really need the shocks to get their full potential. I can get you a package price as soon as I figure out shipping.

Ah shame. When you showed me the shocks and factory springs combo I was thinking that would be a great option, and I wouldn't need the RS-R springs as I find the beat plenty low enough (terrible with other drivers on the road and their HIDs). If you'd be willing to ship just the dampers+factory springs I'd be game for that. No rush though. I'm actually at the beginning stages of moving house to the Kanto area so everything but my audio project is currently on hold...

By the by... I saw a post of yours from a few months back about getting the vents out from above the centre console. Did you ever figure it out? In my case I ended up breaking the plastic clips that held the fascia on and took the vent out as two pieces. The spring clips basically lock the vent in place and are unreachable. The good news was after the two pieces were lightly glued back together the whole thing easily fit back in thanks to to the spring clips.

I haven't made any real progress with the vents. As it is, I'm afraid of breaking anything. I stopped when it felt like things were wanting to flex a little too far. As that one was glued back together once already, I wasn't quite sure what part was flexing and didn't want to risk breaking a part I couldn't repair.

What part of Kanto are you headed to? If you're far enough north, we could meet up somewhere and do the exchange that way. I'm sure we can work out a way to make it advantageous for both of us. (Hint: shipping is taking up a significant chunk of the total price up there.)

I'm not entirely sure what area I'll find myself in yet, but it looks like it'll be somewhere in Chiba. So not an unreasonable ride up I imagine. Heh, yea I think that would be ideal, so I'll let you know in a month or so if someone else hasn't grabbed these items from you first. Thanks!

Hmmm... As it turns out life has decided to throw me a curveball. Due to some excessive difficulties with potential employers, I am in fact NOT relocating to Chiba as I imagined. Rather the girlfriend and I (now fiancé!) will be relocating to the USA after doing a bit of travelling. The good news is that the beat is getting a passport and will be coming along The bad news is that I will have next to zero time for car projects until late summer at the earliest. Moving internationally, while planning to get married, all while being unemployed drains both time and money :/ it'll all be for the best though