Results 1 to 6 of 6

Thread: Has anyone actually gotten their hands on a E07Z Turbo?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tohoku, Japan
    Posts
    142

    Has anyone actually gotten their hands on a E07Z Turbo?

    What parts are shared between it and the E07A MTREC? Like, are the heads the same? If not, are the exhaust manifolds interchangeable? What about the connecting rods and/or crank?

    Barring that, is there somewhere that I can get technical information, like rod journal sizes and the like?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    431
    no one in the UK or EU has, there have been a few conversions done in Japan going by the few snippets on Minkara.

    crank, rods and pistons all have slight variations. Head is different to account for no dizzy and COP setup, ideal setup would be e07z keep the beat gearbox and run it on some sort of standalone ecu going by conversions on minkara they seem to be getting over 110bhp quite easy.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tohoku, Japan
    Posts
    142
    Hm. How different are the heads? Are the differences only to accommodate the ignition, or are there differences in the combustion chamber as well? I figure if I can extract the fuel and timing maps from the EEPROMs available on YJA, I know a guy back in Canada that can help out in figuring how it all fits together. That way, the stock wiring can be retained.

    What standalones are available to run a 3 cylinder engine anyway? Megasquirt and what else?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    65
    Interested in this too, I've got a E07Z in my acty Kei truck I recently restored, it's non turbo though. If this engine goes we're planning to import a vamos turbo engine for it. It'd be interesting to see if someone here knows more about these engines.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Shropshire
    Posts
    431
    Quote Originally Posted by 4Aaron GE View Post
    Hm. How different are the heads? Are the differences only to accommodate the ignition, or are there differences in the combustion chamber as well? I figure if I can extract the fuel and timing maps from the EEPROMs available on YJA, I know a guy back in Canada that can help out in figuring how it all fits together. That way, the stock wiring can be retained.

    What standalones are available to run a 3 cylinder engine anyway? Megasquirt and what else?
    Omex, Emerald come to mind I know a few people on Minkara have used Haltech to good effect. Combustion shape in the head is slightly different, valve springs aren't as strong, cam is milder, ports aren't as big. e07z is obd2 aswell would make an awesome swap into the Beat though would make driving it daily less of a chore if it was over here but I'd imagine in Japan the e07a is ok. Supposedly not that hard to wire in the e07z ecu but issue with that is they are mostly AT, be interesting to follow if you go ahead with the swap.

    Quote Originally Posted by R@tch View Post
    Interested in this too, I've got a E07Z in my acty Kei truck I recently restored, it's non turbo though. If this engine goes we're planning to import a vamos turbo engine for it. It'd be interesting to see if someone here knows more about these engines.

    For you it would be a near straight swap in terms of getting it in just wiring which most diagrams are available on minkara

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Tohoku, Japan
    Posts
    142
    Quote Originally Posted by Gavin View Post
    Omex, Emerald come to mind I know a few people on Minkara have used Haltech to good effect. Combustion shape in the head is slightly different, valve springs aren't as strong, cam is milder, ports aren't as big. e07z is obd2 aswell would make an awesome swap into the Beat though would make driving it daily less of a chore if it was over here but I'd imagine in Japan the e07a is ok. Supposedly not that hard to wire in the e07z ecu but issue with that is they are mostly AT, be interesting to follow if you go ahead with the swap.
    Well, my original plan was to swap over the rods and pistons, especially if there is a difference in combustion chambers. I would imagine it's like the difference between Toyota F and G heads. But if the crank can't accept those rods, maybe just use the entire bottom end from a Z instead. So far, I'm still in research mode.
    Well, I was considering a few different

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •