Thanks for waiting. Here is the second (and last?) instalment.

So after the wiring was all taken care of and properly soldered in place, it became clear the whole dash would need to be removed to get things cut properly. So with the dash out I first attempted to bend the support bracket to allow for the head unit to fit, this turned out to be disastrous as it caused the whole dash to bend unperceptibly, until I attempted to bolt it back it that is.

So back to kitchen (ahem... workshop) and I decided the only way this would work well was if I cut the support bracket such as to allow enough room for the head unit to fit. I wish I had more pictures of that process as it involved setting the angle at which the head unit would fit. Also at this stage I installed 2 more bits of metal strapping to hold the head unit in. (I'm using 6 total, 4 on the head unit and 2 to hold the logicon in place.)

http://imgur.com/a/6HThV

In the end while this project wasn't too expensive, the amount of work required took me well over 2 weeks of working on this nearly every day over the past month. Difficulty level: Absurd. Its nice to have my car modernized, but technically I couldn't even manage to finish things properly as the console is not the prettiest affair. I'm not even sure it's worth it, but at the end of the day, it sure is nice to have satnav. :|