Thread: New Windscreen

New Windscreen

So after picking up a crack from a stone hitting the windscreen in July, I finally have a new windscreen (which with a fresh MoT has allowed me back out on the road). Honda have run out of Beat windscreens so I had to source a pattern part from Japan (http://www.mr-frontglass.com/ホンダ/ビート/). Honda still do have the rubbers. In the end I had to get the windscreen sent to my family in Japan who had it wrapped properly and airfreighted over.

The Autoglass guy who fitted it said the quality of the screen was excellent (it is a Fuyao, which is Chinese. He also couldn't believe the car was 25 years old as there was no rust around the old windscreen.
    ! Stuei

Superb result that Stuei. Top work, well done.

Quote Originally Posted by stu g View Post
    So after picking up a crack from a stone hitting the windscreen in July, I finally have a new windscreen (which with a fresh MoT has allowed me back out on the road). Honda have run out of Beat windscreens so I had to source a pattern part from Japan (http://www.mr-frontglass.com/ホンダ/ビート/). Honda still do have the rubbers. In the end I had to get the windscreen sent to my family in Japan who had it wrapped properly and airfreighted over.

The Autoglass guy who fitted it said the quality of the screen was excellent (it is a Fuyao, which is Chinese. He also couldn't believe the car was 25 years old as there was no rust around the old windscreen.
    Hi

That is fabulous news. We have a customer with a very similar problem, I approached Mr Frontglass direct and wondered if he would send one to the UK, however they have declined. My manager has asked a cheeky (very Cheeky) request. That is to wonder if you would be able to repeat this (for financial reward to yourself and family of course)? We are a honda maindealer in the south west and as you already state Honda do not supply them anymore
    Obviously this is a big ask of yourself and family but we are desperate to help out a very loyal customer who quite simply doesnt want her beat to die from such a trivial fault.

Do let me know.

Regards

Rowes Garages Limited

I'll PM you.
    ! Stuei

While we're on the subject Stu, would it be possible to get some pictures or descriptions on how the glass was wrapped? I may have to do something similar for some other vehicles, and would like them to have the best chance of getting to their destinations. Thanks!

I'm afraid I didn't take pictures, however it was wrapped in a double corrugated cardboard box with baffles inside to keep the screen away from the edges.
    ! Stuei

Cool, thanks for that. Do you know if that's how it came from mr frontglass, or is that something your relatives had to do themselves?

It came from Mr Frontglass wrapped in plastic film (like cling film), so needed separate wrapping. Some firm did it (I forget the name).
    ! Stuei

Hm... Something to think about. Thanks for your help!