Thread: Motor rebuild kit

Motor rebuild kit

On behalf of new owner in US, looking to source total rebuild kit. All comments welcome. Motor tired and burns oil.

Well that could be a very expensive venture. I'd suggest a strip, clean, and carefully measure everything to see if it still in tolerance before ordering anything up. By chance I have my Honda scooter apart with 45,000 miles on the clock as the motor seemed tired. I was going to pre-order new pistons and rings at some expense and possibly the valves too. In fact all I need are valve seals, a few other seals and gearbox bearings, and the tappets adjusting. The piston and rings and valves were perfect (still had machining marks on the piston wearing faces).

Stu
    ! Stuei

agree with stu, it's probably the rings and/or valve stem seals. strip the engine down and see what your ring gaps are and swap the stem seals out at the same time

you can buy a complete gasket kit

you can work out what bearing grades you need by the stampings on the block, rods and crank, bearings are pretty expensive though and might not need replacing

rings, gasket kit and bearings are all available from honda with a few month lead time

part numbers can be found here -

http://jp-carparts.com/honda/figlist...&cartype=19712

I'd add that jp-carparts can probably airmail the parts to you far quicker than a few months lead time. The windscreen parts I ordered arrived within week or so.
    ! Stuei

Thanks all. The new owner has been sent this site address.