Thread: Exhaust wanted, urgent

Exhaust wanted, urgent

Hi, I bought a barn Find beat in France yesterday. It has no exhaust (back box) and I need something untill I can get a new one. The nearest Honda dealer is over 100km away! I need a fuel pump, I need a battery or at least the dimensions of the little terminal originals. And finally where to get a new soft top.

go custom? if you were in the UK i could name you a few places....

battery on mine is a Bosch S4 019 330a crank 40Ah dimensions are roughly 180mm wide, 200mm tall and 130mm deep
    soft top i had from. .http://www.oxtedtrimming.co.uk/ which turned out to be a Robbins, search for other alternatives but not too sure many will come up.
    i 'may' somewhere have a pump although its being kept for myself it may have parts nos on it?
    most items are usually late 80's/early 90's Civics and the like so any used parts may not be any better than what you have

cheers old un, i sussed the battery earlier 40-19l, the l donating left hand positive i think. Found one in limoges (54km away) for 60 european vouchers!
    part number for the pump would be good if you can, i will get one ordered up. then comes the !!!!!##### cambelt change!!!!#### is it hard? any books

I think there is a fuel tank with pump on ebay at the moment, might be cheaper than a new one.
    ! Stuei

Will have a look now stu, many thanks

Cam belt replacement : http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...-By-Step-Guide and much more other info here http://www.hondabeat.com.au/
    Last edited by bigB; 05-04-2017 at 07:17 AM.

just downloaded the 44 page guide with photos, superb work whoever made the guide!!

Credit goes to Joshua = WatchmanPP1 for the guide.

Well, these beat cars are a good game! The exhaust is proving a pain. While waiting for "mamook" dave to let me know i thought i would try a honda dealer in france. I rang my nearest dealer (100km+ away), spoke in my best french and tried to explain what i was after. "do you have a chassis number sir" the receptionist asked, i duly gave her the number. "sorry sir, all chassis numbers should be 17 digits", "are you sure its a honda sir". I asked if she would like the part number, gave her the part number. "but these cars were never sold in france sir". i know that, i said but can you order me one from japan. "but why do you want one? these cars are not in france sir", because i'm restoring an old one i have here in france, i said. Sorry sir, and the phone was cut !!
    if i dont manage to get dave "mamooks" old one, does anyone have any good good uk dealers contact details, where they have successfully ordered one?

most Honda dealers are ok for parts i think?
    my local one is Brindley Honda 01543 330714, Richard i think is parts guy
    i seem to recall 6-8 weeks waiting time but i was in no hurry anyway, wasn't fitted for over a year!
    i'm not over again until last week of July but can bring over if needed?

nice one my friend, im still clinging on to hope that Dave is gonna say his mate dont need his old one. that would be fine for a while.
    if not gonna have to bit the bullet somewhere and order one.
    i will keep you posted. Are you bringing the beat to france when you come??

planned to but need to bring some materials over, the usual stuff that's cheaper in UK than France...oh hold on, everything!!
    washed clothes, mirrors, screws, sealants of various kinds, small PVCu window as in 600mm wide by 470mm high, double-glazing glass unit 800 x 500 and may need to get some Placo and chevrons as we're fitting 3x Velux's so need a trailer when there so it's the CMax again.
    we do usually drive the Beat for Summer over there, Belgium first for a week at Ypres rally then down to cottage but not quite practical this time

My stock exhaust was looking a bit tatty when I bought it, so I looked in to getting a new back box. If memory serves it was £116 but up to 3 months to deliver it as they were not in stock in the UK.

I know Lings Honda post stuff out so they are worth a try.
    ! Stuei

Thanks stuei , I will bell a couple in uk tomorrow