Thread: I have a runner!!!!!!! yeah!!!!

I have a runner!!!!!!! yeah!!!!

right good people, i have a running beat. The fuel pump arrived this morning in the post, duly fitted, and after a few minutes of cranking and spluttering she fired into life. She now starts on the key everytime. very happy! its always a risk when a car has been stood for a long time. Just need and exhaust (mamook).
    temp guage seems to work, fuel guage may need more fuel in it?? Yellow engine light is staying on though? any ideas beat people?
    everything else seems to work apart from the stereo, i got it to turn on once and it gave error code on cd player (i think the disk were in upside down). i wish i could figure out how to ad photos on this site they never seem to attach?
    The other thing i found was a green electrical conecter in the footwell behind the stereo, i plugged it in the green recipient and now it all still does the same but beeps at you when you put the key in the ignition (ideas).
    I will order four new tyres now i know it runs!!
    Thanks in advance for any light that can be shed on the engine light, stereo, etc

need to bridge the service connector situated in the left hand side of the engine bay, near the cam cover, should have a yellow cap on it.

bridge the terminals on this connector, then turn the ignition on and see how many times the engine check light blinks

correspond the blinks to the table here - http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/troubleshooting.htm

thank you 79, my friend called round and said it maybe lack of exhaust back pressure, check again when fully exhausted so to speak. The code thing is genius, will try that tommorrow. the stereo i got going, just a dodgy of on switch. the cds in the boot change ok, i sold all my tapes when cds came out, gotta find some cassettes for her indoors to cruise to