Thread: rocker side rails - mod kit

Hybrid View

rocker side rails - mod kit

At next spray job want to replace the fiberglass side skirts. Can you offer sources. Apologies for the flipped pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20160502_182043.jpg 
Views:	237 
Size:	206.3 KB 
ID:	2708  

here in france i make many fibreglass things, i have moulds for micro caravans, 5/8 scale gt40 (2.6m long). If someone had some old side skirts, i could repair them then make a mould, then make cheap side skirts for forum members. they are very expensive for what they are on Japanese auction sites. Just an idea? need to get hold of a pair to make the master mould. I can modify them slightly if there are and copyright issues.

There is a 50 / 50 chance I may be driving over to my brothers place in France from Leeds via the chunnel. I bought a set of side skirts for my beat from a forum member and I think they make a world of difference. If anyone has a spare set sitting around I may be able to take them over to Nigel for replication. He lives fairly near my brothers place in France.

cheers dave that would be awesome, im sure we could save a lot over the jap ones

triton. i'd be up for funding a run of hard tops for you to copy! would that be something you'd be able to do?

Thanks,

I have moulds to make teardrop caravans, gt40's (5/8th scale), so A hard top would be easy enough to mould, I see them selling for a daft price on croooober and yahoo Japan. It's getting of an original to make a mould from?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1351.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	205.0 KB 
ID:	2709