Thread: MOT..brakes...hmmmm

MOT..brakes...hmmmm

last years MOT done @ dealer was 'low front pads' and 'rear springs corroded' as advisories, trip to Spain, 4k km up down hills and we now have an MOT fail....

front disc inners...

rear springs are OK, as the tester said, where they are and what they're made of they're always going to look bad.
    also steering wheel is loose, may need to put standard back on and sort out the Momo boss properly, i think the taper is a tad tight and not seating all the way down properly? or the top bush may be worn?

replaced rears as well, no need really but as i'm doing the others...Euro car parts, £41 for discs and pads, Eicher - nothing fancy, 33% offer this w/e, rude not to.

fronts won't be here until Tue on so at the moment on stands but had a 'slight' mishap...

did the rears, pulled the handbrake and then thought i'll pump the pedal a bit, clean forgot about the ns front caliper off and no pads in..whoops!
    resulted in piston popping out and an hour cleaning up and trying to get the piston back in and the dust cover as well, now i remember why i pay other people to do stuff like this.
    hopefully sorted and sealed, i'll find out i guess when i fit the fronts later this week?
    Last edited by old'uns; 20-05-2017 at 10:55 PM.

Finally all done and dusted....back from work early, popped up to the Test station...jobs a good 'un. all legal again, roll on the sunshine