Thread: Dashboard Lights

Hybrid View

Dashboard Lights

I have had my little beat for several years now and never had any problems. Things I would like to do but never got round to ok, but no problems. The recent good weather had me scurrying around checking everything, then out onto the open road. This morning tried to start her, turned over fine, but would not fire up.

The reason I need your help is a new light has come on in the cluster of warning lights and I do not know what it is trying to tell me. I not know what any of those lights mean. does anyone have a picture or diagram that can tell me this. The light in question is to the left of the ignition light.

none of the others come on, possibly dud (of removed bulbs)

Any ideas please?
    I love the smell of Nitrox in the morning !

1992 Beat
    2000 Seicento Sporting
    2000 Landrover Freelander to tow them home with

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170602_101929_resized.jpg 
Views:	266 
Size:	211.4 KB 
ID:	2725 ignition light? Check engine light, cat overheat light, battery charge, seatbelt, brakes, oil pressure. They should all come on for a moment when you turn the key on, to prove the bulbs are good.
    Last edited by bigB; 02-06-2017 at 07:01 PM.

Thank you BigB,

got some bulbs to replace. The stray light was "cat overheat", I took out all fuses and checked them with the meter, all ok, put them back, light off and she started OK.

Thank you again

Bruce

1992 Beat
    2000 Seicento Sporting

Glad you got it sorted. My cat lights has been on for the last couple of months but not had any effect on running. Did you hear the fuel relay click when it wouldn't start? They can sometimes stick. Mine can play up and not start, usually when at a petrol station. Starts a minute or two later.
    Last edited by Mobius; 02-06-2017 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mobius View Post
    Glad you got it sorted. My cat lights has been on for the last couple of months but not had any effect on running. Did you hear the fuel relay click when it wouldn't start? They can sometimes stick. Mine can play up and not start, usually when at a petrol station. Starts a minute or two later.
    Good Morning Mobius,

No I didn't, at least I sat there for a few seconds thinking something was wrong. The poor girl has sat unused for months a suppose it will take a few runs to get the kinks out. I had an Alfa in the 80's that did that, took the dealer 4 months to fix it.

Thanks for the tip

Bruce

1992 Beat
    2000 Seicento Sporting

catalyst light won't affect engine running. it's not really needed for much other than the light on the dashboard