Thread: My Beat's got to go.

My Beat's Still For Sale

Super little red Beat affectionately named DUG. MOT booked for tomorrow and I don't expect him to fail ( anything need doing will be done).
    First reg. 17/09/1992. Currently 099899Km (62074 miles). I've had him since 2006 (at 92824Km) and only done 7075Km (4500 miles) in all that time. He's only been out in the rain once (for an MOT and the forecast for tomorrow not looking good so it might be twice!!). Overall condition see photo's. I'm looking for £4750 or thereabouts including his name plate (probably worth about £750 in it's own right). Message me if you're interested. Higher def. photos on request.

UPDATE 17/7/2017 - MOT PASSED TODAY - NO ADVISORIES

"Beat is located near Ipswich by the way" If you want to talk to me my mobile is 07801849008
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1428.jpg 
Views:	464 
Size:	190.6 KB 
ID:	2727   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1429.jpg 
Views:	450 
Size:	71.8 KB 
ID:	2728   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1430.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	2729   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1431.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	195.0 KB 
ID:	2730   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_1432.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	114.9 KB 
ID:	2731  

Last edited by suffolkboy; 14-04-2019 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Additional Information

Looks great! Mine's never out in the rain, except for its MOT in '16. A boat would have been better, but as it passed I'll accept it. This year ('17) it failed on a twisted brake pipe near the servo. My mechanic mate said it's been there forever so should have failed ages ago. The pipe was original he believes. Correct that it should have failed, but it's always been like it. Now up to standard. Better than original perhaps!

Glad you like it - know anyone who might want one?

Sadly I don't...... Lots of people like them when they see them though. Try eBay. Not just now though as there's another there. It's in an auction but hadn't reached its reserve when I looked. I'd let it continue then do yours as a 'buy it now'. Bidders are clearly interested and this way they might decide they want one and yours will be there. There's a freshly imported yellow one on there for over £6k. It's at an importers it says. Hope yours goes. There is a guy around who has a few though. I think they are projects rather than complete. I could be wrong. I don't think he likes the thought of them disappearing. Also try advertising it on KKITP.com if you haven't already.

Good luck with your sale. Just for your info a red Beat failed to sell at ACA auctions in Kings Lynn in May at £4750 final bid.

And that car's MOT had run out two days before the sale. Not the way to sell a car!

I got them to MOT it and bought it at the reserve of £5250. Nearly a comparable car; yours seems much better but the grass is always greener.

August is a bit late to sell a rag top but hold to your guns. Also try Retro Rides perhaps, lots of Japanese interest on there.

Thanks for the useful input. This is the only place I've put it just now.

Alan