Thread: Best ECU

Best ECU

Hi folks. Like so many here my ECU has given up the ghost. If anyone has any access / contacts on getting a replacement I would love to hear from them. Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Redmac View Post
    Hi folks. Like so many here my ECU has given up the ghost. If anyone has any access / contacts on getting a replacement I would love to hear from them. Thank you!
    Are you sure its not just the capacitors in it which have blown? They can be replaced by anyone handy with a soldering iron.
    ! Stuei

Hi. The capacitators were replaced a few years back. Had someone work on them again lately with no success. Thanks.

I'd try replacing them again, and looking for a dry solder before splashing out on a new one.

Failing that you can browse the Yahoo auctions site for used ones, and there are services which will bid, buy, and send to you on your behalf.

Stu
    ! Stuei

About 2 years ago I got two new ECUs for our Beats from my Honda Dealer. The part number on the invoice is 37820P36003. They were expensive at £608.72 each. In the UK you would also have to add VAT, but they should outlast the car.

New ECU are still available from a Honda Dealer price is now £810 inc VAT - would come from Japan so could take a while to arrive.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

You could send it off to the ecu doctor http://www.the-ecu-doctor.co.uk/ they only charge £35 to test it.
    They rebuilt mine recently and it's now running perfectly

god at that price i'd just stick an omex on it :lol: