Thread: Rattle Rattle Rattle

Hybrid View

mines had a 'rattle' or 'whine' of some sorts for 3-4 yrs now.
    i've always thought it's backlash or worn bearings in the 'box?
    when replacing the aux belts i spun the alternator and AC by hand, nothing too loud to suggest bearings on those

loud stereo is a good call .....new HU, new component door speakers along with tweeters in pods alongside 2 other smaller ones and a big black box behind the passenger seat sorted it........

(You must understand, I know nothing)

At least it's on the transmission side. Are you sure it's not something like a cv joint boot clip or something getting physically free and spinning round and clattering on something?

Has the car been used much? I found that the latest one I've got had hardly done anything or been properly lubricated for ages, and it loosened up quite well with a bit of honest use.

Please post some more pictures! I think you could fit two in the back of your truck.
    Last edited by Andrew Fisher; 08-02-2018 at 09:50 PM.

Ha ha old'uns, it probably doesn't take a lot of stereo to be head banging loud with such a small interior!

Andrew, I don't think it could be cv joint related because it tracks with engine rpm, not kph. I have a clutch on order, we'll see what she looks like when I open her up.
    Last edited by BumbleBeat; 13-02-2018 at 04:02 AM.