Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Beat owner...from the US!?

Quote Originally Posted by Adam S View Post
    Awesome!
    What is really funny is that literally the day after I reserved and paid for my car (from carfromjapan) I was brousing videos and found Amagasaki. After a few videos I decided I would likely use him for my next import (and wished I had maybe found him earlier). I love how he actually tests the cars...hard, and goes through every minor fault each car has. So it's great to confirm that Amagasaki works out well. I wonder if there is a video of your car??
    OK, so I did forget one thing -- I looked back through my email threads and there's an ISF customs form you need if the value is over some threshold. That requires as quick a turnaround as you can perform, I guess. I saved all my communiques, so if you'd like more detail, I can forward you some good info from my discussions with Amagasaki and All Ways.

Flavien is a great guy to work with: tons of relevant experience, helpful, near-insomniac (his replies were timely almost around-the-clock), and a complete, utter, delinquent gearhead. I could not recommend someone with more confidence.

And there is indeed a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3V-ldTeS7Y
    Last edited by Ohioan; 21-03-2018 at 12:25 AM. Reason: formatting

Awesome! Your video might have been the first one I watched from Amagaski!

So I'll let you know if I need anything after my importer sends me the bill of sale package which is supposed to contain info that I need.
    1991 Nissan 240SX (aka 180SX) SR20DET swap, upgraded turbo, HKS stage 2 cams
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST (5-door) Mostly stock
    1991 Honda Beat (mods from previous owner - coilovers, cat-back exhaust, stickers/emblems everywhere)

Sounds good. I'll keep all my stuff around and take note of how the official registration goes.

I own a '91 Beat here in the UK. Last year the cambelt broke and my mechanic mate (Honda) rebuilt the engine. Honda UK contacted Honda Japan who sent the Beat's factory details. Hundreds of pages! My mate was able to get exact settings etc. After the rebuild it started first time. He was surprised at how many parts Honda Japan still provide for it and he said that those they don't can be substituted. Non genuine, but good parts are available for major consumables.

That's excellent news. I was able to find some sites where I could get part #s, but wasn't sure what the availability situation was. Factory info sounds even better!

Just got my Beat Saturday! (And I live in Ohio as well)!

In Adam's first post on this thread he stated that he lived in 'the relatively boring state of Ohio'.

With at least three Honda Beats in it, this cannot be true!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBeat View Post
    Just got my Beat Saturday! (And I live in Ohio as well)!
    Outstanding -- have fun! I'll be curious to hear your impressions in all respects.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Fisher
    In Adam's first post on this thread he stated that he lived in 'the relatively boring state of Ohio'.

With at least three Honda Beats in it, this cannot be true!
    We're livening it up as we speak! Driving it around is like a public service; smiles bloom all over.

LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I should be heading out soon to get my car, but there are a few things I am unsure about.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohioan View Post
    Once the car arrived (and I had overnighted the B.O.L. to the shippers), the importer sent me the release forms; one was for US stuff and the other for shipping company release (I'll look up precisely what they are tonight).
    My car was also shipped through Hoegh, and I've already sent them the original, and money for the docking or whatever. Am I supposed to get or send something else? The boat should have arrived Sunday, so I expect it should be unpacked by Wed.

You also didn't mention the NHTSA and EPA forms, or the customs process. According to Hoegh, Customs is off site and I need to go there first to turn in the paperwork, and then I can come pick up the car. Is there anything I am missing here?
    1991 Nissan 240SX (aka 180SX) SR20DET swap, upgraded turbo, HKS stage 2 cams
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST (5-door) Mostly stock
    1991 Honda Beat (mods from previous owner - coilovers, cat-back exhaust, stickers/emblems everywhere)

Quote Originally Posted by Adam S View Post
    So I should be heading out soon to get my car, but there are a few things I am unsure about.

My car was also shipped through Hoegh, and I've already sent them the original, and money for the docking or whatever. Am I supposed to get or send something else? The boat should have arrived Sunday, so I expect it should be unpacked by Wed.

You also didn't mention the NHTSA and EPA forms, or the customs process. According to Hoegh, Customs is off site and I need to go there first to turn in the paperwork, and then I can come pick up the car. Is there anything I am missing here?
    Sorry I missed this earlier. I believe you're good as far as Hoegh goes. I think I got the NHTSA and EPA forms through my importer, who got them from customs. Hope all goes/went well!

Quote Originally Posted by DaBeat View Post
    LOVE it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad to hear it! Do people go crazy when they see it? I've had excited people chasing me down in traffic now a couple times.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12