Thread: Breaking a Honda Beat for cheap

Breaking a Honda Beat for cheap

the car is now sold
    Last edited by Mini-NSX; 08-06-2018 at 10:46 PM. Reason: sold

The infamous hole in the driver seat!

I wonder how much it would be to ship the rear bumper and a seat to the US...probably too much.
    1991 Nissan 240SX (aka 180SX) SR20DET swap, upgraded turbo, HKS stage 2 cams
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST (5-door) Mostly stock
    1991 Honda Beat (mods from previous owner - coilovers, cat-back exhaust, stickers/emblems everywhere)

sent a pm to you for several parts to Germany

If the front to rear metal coolant pipes are usable I'd love them! Please pm price inc UK delivery if you can.

many thanks Andrew Fisher

Hi I'm after a slave cylinder if you have one? Cheers

I'm also trying to get in touch with Steve m if anyone can help. Also does anyone know if changing the slave cylinder requires dropping the engine? Thanks in advance people

No you don't need to drop the engine, in fact I needed to take it off to pull the gearbox. Bit of a fiddle but isn't everything to do with the engine

Quote Originally Posted by Dankman1980 View Post
    I'm also trying to get in touch with Steve m if anyone can help.
    Are you now and why would you want to do that?
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Hi Steve I was told by admin that you were the guy to talk to. I'm trying to find a slave cylinder to get my beloved beat back on the road cruising Down country lanes. I don't suppose you have one or know anyone who does? Cheers

How do I access the slave cylinder if not dropping engine? Any help would be appreciated. Cheers

The clutch slave cylinder is hiding on top of the gearbox under the shift cable bracket, you would need to disconnect the cables and remove that bracket (2 bolts) to gain access to the slave cylinder.

It looks as if a new slave cylinder has been discontinued for supply to Europe, so you may need to source in Japan by some of the Japanese part suppliers, part number is 46930-SS1-003
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thanks for the advice Steve. I'm trying to contact the guy who is breaking one on here currently. I don't suppose you know him? I'm anxious to get the part asap as its stuck in the garage and the mechanic wants it fixed or moved.

spotted this http://yokohamamotors.net/page61.html#1750 if you want a new one, otherwise there are a few on yahoo auctions (search for PP1 クラッチ シリンダ)

Quote Originally Posted by fxdlidon View Post
    spotted this http://yokohamamotors.net/page61.html#1750 if you want a new one, otherwise there are a few on yahoo auctions (search for PP1 クラッチ シリンダ)
    Ordered one thanks for the link 😀😀😀😀
    Beatproducts UK

Hey there, I know you said the bonnet is rusted... but how bad is it exactly ? Thanks.

Regards,
    Martin

Hi Steve which direction would I get to the slave cylinder from as my mechanic wants to cut the parcel shelf out and weld it back to get access. There must be an easier way than that surely?

Parcel shelf unbolts I just posted a pic here http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...4039-Fuel-pump
    The slave cylinder is located here, under the gear-change cable bracket - two bolts at the top of the bracket.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clutch Slave  Cylynder.jpg 
Views:	459 
Size:	47.8 KB 
ID:	2748
    Last edited by fxdlidon; 19-05-2018 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typo