Thread: Under 25 insurance

Under 25 insurance

Hello guys, I really want to buy a Honda Beat but I'm wondering what the insurance is like for anyone who is aged 17-25 for a Beat if anyone can tell me?
    Btw if there are any insurers you recommend please let me know,
    Thanks

Hello Nas

I think the only way you'll find out what the insurance is like is to ask for a quote. There are several Beats for sale at the moment so you could use their registrations.

I use Aviva, but I found getting insurance a lot easier than it used to be earlier in the century when the car wasn't recognised at all and you only got quotes by ringing up and they said 'a what?'. You do seem to have to choose the car from a list rather than get it recognised by the registration though.

You might be able to get classic car insurance but these policies often rely on you having 'proper' insurance for a 'normal' car. It's a sad world out there!

Do let us all know how you get on.

depends on useage but beats are eligible for classic insurance. I'm a little older than the aforementioned bracket but I pay £108 a year with a big ole list of modifications

Quote Originally Posted by Seventynine View Post
    depends on useage but beats are eligible for classic insurance. I'm a little older than the aforementioned bracket but I pay £108 a year with a big ole list of modifications
    Could you let me know who that’s with? My renewal is coming up soon and it’s on classic insurance with a big list of modifications but still a fair bit more than that - it’s garaged in a nice area and I’m 38 (going on 12!)
    Ta very much in advance!

Quote Originally Posted by TADO View Post
    Could you let me know who that’s with? My renewal is coming up soon and it’s on classic insurance with a big list of modifications but still a fair bit more than that - it’s garaged in a nice area and I’m 38 (going on 12!)
    Ta very much in advance!
    was originally footman james when it was unmodified, then when I chucked a load of bits at it I went to HIC and they matched the unmodified footman quote.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Seventynine View Post
    was originally footman james when it was unmodified, then when I chucked a load of bits at it I went to HIC and they matched the unmodified footman quote.
    Great stuff - ta very much!