Thread: Doing timing belt, Crankshaft pulley bolt stuck!

Hybrid View

Ok, so good news.
    After torching it, and doing all sorts of stuff which didn't work (at first) I took the extensions out of the mix and just had the socket on the impact and it came right off. No idea why it wouldn't break loose with 200ft/lbs being applied but it's off now.

Currently got the new belt on, but not much else re-assembled.
    1991 Nissan 240SX (aka 180SX) SR20DET swap, upgraded turbo, HKS stage 2 cams
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST (5-door) Mostly stock
    1991 Honda Beat (mods from previous owner - coilovers, cat-back exhaust, stickers/emblems everywhere)

Strange but welcome!

So I'm still not done, but I had to put the top partway back on because I think it's going to rain tomorrow.

But the hard part is done, as many of the bolts were way over-tightened and we had a lot of trouble breaking them loose. So getting it back together should be a bit faster if I can follow the guide. I just wish there weren't so many necessary bolts on the timing cover, which is basically just a dust shield since it's a dry belt.

Well anyway...here is a hilarious pic of my huge ass friend Hunter checking out the Beat.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180520_194029.jpg 
Views:	260 
Size:	220.9 KB 
ID:	2749
    1991 Nissan 240SX (aka 180SX) SR20DET swap, upgraded turbo, HKS stage 2 cams
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST (5-door) Mostly stock
    1991 Honda Beat (mods from previous owner - coilovers, cat-back exhaust, stickers/emblems everywhere)