Thread: Accident

Accident

After spending a fortune on making a new radiator and repairing the front to back pipes I was bashed into the middle lane of the M25 by a beer lorry today into the path of a taxi. I was spun fully around it was distinctly unpleasant. Luckily it was on a 40 limit and nobody was badly hurt, except for pride perhaps.

Except for one participant, the poor old Beat.

I don't know what will come of it, but as I see it I have a bent bonnet, an abraded front bumper, a bent rear wing, and two totally smashed offsidelight assemblies front and rear.

Wonder if anyone has those light assemblies if everything else can be bent back?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6013013 (Copy).JPG 
Views:	251 
Size:	184.4 KB 
ID:	2754
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P6013016 (Copy).JPG 
Views:	250 
Size:	182.4 KB 
ID:	2755

Nooooo!
    Glad everyone's alright, though. We're harder to fix.

wow I think on the face of it you and the car came off rather well. I'm sure this one can be saved as it looks like mostly panel and bolt on items . other than rear quarter. I hope you have an agreed value insurance as the retail price and availability of these parts is mouth watering 40 mph doesn't sound that fast but ive seen much worse damage at lower speeds. what part of the 25 where you on as I do about 300 mile a week on it

Quote Originally Posted by Ohioan View Post
    Nooooo!
    Glad everyone's alright, though. We're harder to fix.
    Thank you. You're absolutely right, ultimately a car is a contrivance of metal and plastic that will hopefully save your life at some point, but is fundamentally disposable in achieving that aim.

Quote Originally Posted by mikei View Post
    wow I think on the face of it you and the car came off rather well. I'm sure this one can be saved as it looks like mostly panel and bolt on items . other than rear quarter. I hope you have an agreed value insurance as the retail price and availability of these parts is mouth watering 40 mph doesn't sound that fast but ive seen much worse damage at lower speeds. what part of the 25 where you on as I do about 300 mile a week on it
    You are totally right, they were all glancing blows rather than total thumps, a bit of motorway ballet and gather at the side. I was joining northbound from the M3, and the M25 traffic was slow and luckily not too heavy, but the joining traffic was accelerating and jockeying for position.

I dread to think what the insurance co will be like it's just a normal, no agreed value policy. I've been meaning to change it over to classic car insurance for a while but you know it's always 'next time'.