Thread: Wiper switch broken

Hybrid View

Wiper switch broken

Hello all. New owner here.

My wiper switch is mostly broken. It works in one speed, but only if you hold the lever down. When you release it the wipers stop wherever they are (no parking). Do any of you know if this switch is still available from Honda? If not, are there any aftermarket alternatives that you have used?

I'm in the US if that makes a difference.

Thanks!

Hi Dorri,

Part Number for the Assembly is:
    35256-ss1-003

I just checked a Honda Parts dealer in the uk and its coming up as unavailable. I don't know of any after marker alternatives, but my first stop is always the japanese yahoo auctions.

I had a problem with the indicators/lights switch not working at all after leaving my Beat garaged for a long period. I managed to fix it by removing and opening the switch then sanding/cleaning all the corroded material off the copper connections. It was a challenge getting it back together as due to the two tiny springs, but works as good as new. Might be worth opening it up and having a look at it?

I'll try that. I'm pretty sure something's actually broken inside - the lever has no detents at all, it just wallows around. There might be something that can be 3D printed to fix, though.

JDM part is mirror image of a North American 80s Civic so some internal parts may crossover ($5 at auto wrecker). I too, took mine apart and cleaned/fixed it. Also entertained the idea of switching both levers to NA civics (signals on left, lights on right).

Quote Originally Posted by bigB View Post
    JDM part is mirror image of a North American 80s Civic so some internal parts may crossover ($5 at auto wrecker). I too, took mine apart and cleaned/fixed it. Also entertained the idea of switching both levers to NA civics (signals on left, lights on right).
    That's actually a great idea. The turn signals being on the right is the single hardest thing for me to get used to.