Thread: New member from Tampa FL, USA

Cool New member from Tampa FL, USA

Greetings from Florida!

I recently bought my dream car. I know most people think of a dream car as a Ferrari, Lambo, classic muscle or something of the like, but ever since I was stationed in Okinawa, i have loved the Honda Beat. Just this weekend I bought my new to me Beat and love it. It has problems(I think the head gasket it blown) but I cant wait to get down into the nitty gritty and tear it apart and make it mine. I hope to gain a lot of experience from you gents and ladies who have already tread the Beat road.

Any tips, tricks or suggestions for a new Beat owner?

Welcome, there are some very knowledgeable and helpful people on here for specific issues. I've had my beat for 9 years now, daily driver. My tip would be don't modify the suspension (mine is) and don't attempt long journeys if you value your spine and hearing (exhaust also modified). Regular servicing and oil check. I would also recommend de-restricting the ECU as it cuts off fuel to the engine at about 83 MPH, which can be very scary when you are over taking. I also had to fit a smaller steering wheel as I couldn't get my knees under the standard one, no airbag now but to be honest, if I crash it, it's probably curtains anyway.

I plan on daily-ing it. It came from the importer pretty spec'd out with SSR SR1R wheels, aero kit, fujitsubo legalis K exhaust and S2000 seats. You said you removed your steering wheel. How did you do that? Do I have to remove the steering column shroud? It's got me stymied.

Edit: Nvm about the steering wheel. Found out how after searching "steering wheel" and going back like 9 pages.

http://imgur.com/zRnAGAp
    Last edited by Upchuk; 08-04-2019 at 07:22 PM.