Thread: Fuel pump and main relay replacement part numbers

Hybrid View

Fuel pump and main relay replacement part numbers

Hi. RAC dropped the wife and car off last week. It slowly died and would not start They sprayed some kind of fuel in the air intake and it started. On investing, the main relay clicks but the pump did not run. After a few times powering the ignition on and off, the pump seems to have come back to life. So i can only assume the 10 amp guage fuse is ok but it could be the main relay or the fuel pump. Both parts are now unavailable.

Does anyone know the part number of an equivalent main relay? RZ-0139?

And more difficult. Does anyone know a replacement part number for just the equivalent fuel pump motor... To replace just the motor and filter?

Cheers

Andy

Found this youtube video

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...000EFB5F6953C2

Looks like he replaces the original with a Chin-Ying industries CY-FP80239...……. now to try and find one... and a filter... looks like an awful task.

I resoldered all the connections on the fuel pump relay PCB and it worked again. Seems it overheats and weakens the joints. I'm sure it clicked but didn't work. This may be a false memory but I remember getting it out was a business. Search for fuel pump relay on here there's a lot of history on this.

You'll need tin/lead solder.
    Last edited by Andrew Fisher; 07-06-2020 at 03:19 PM.

Found this: http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...p+relay+solder

13 and a half years ago!!! Doesn't time fly.

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the info... I had the relay problem before, really annoying fault after the car has been driving for a while and wormed up. Reflowed the solder on the relay as read on this forum and all fixed. This problem is more intermitted and sometimes happens when cold. When it stops starting there looks to be power at the pump but its like the motor is in a position where the brushes are worn and if you try the ignition switch and relay long enough it jumps into action again and works continuously for ages.

Which is why I am suspicious of the fuel pump motor.

I will order another relay to eliminate.

Andy

Hello Andy

(sorry for the delay by the way)

I don't like the sound of it if you get it from cold. I hope a new relay sorts it. I can see why you're suspicious of the motor, but looking at that video replacement is a nightmare!

Don't ever rule out the ecu on any Beat problem.

Good luck!

Andrew