Thread: Brake Light switch

Brake Light switch

The brake lights on my BEAT are staying on constantly. Does anybody know the part number for the brake light switch and if they are available from Honda?

I can not be 100% since I have not picked my Beat up yet but.... On a lot of other Honda's the brake switch is located at the top of the brake pedal. It is activated when a plastic/rubber button on the brake pedal arm comes out of contact with the plunger on the switch and is no longer depressing the button on the switch. The plastic/rubber buttons get brittle and fall apart. I just replaced the one on my wife's civic a couple weeks ago when it broke. Remove your floor mat and look around for small black or blue broken plastic pieces. Normally when they break you will find the pieces on the floor. They are a inexpensive part and available at most parts stores (at least in the US they are).

Anyway it's worth checking before you buy a more expensive part that you may not need.

these pics are NOT Beat specific. But seeing how Honda likes to keep some things simple and reuse parts from one vehicle to the other this may help out. If I'm wrong I hope someone will post up and correct me. Good luck and let us know what you find out.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600 (1).jpg 
Views:	364 
Size:	177.8 KB 
ID:	2792

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	352 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	2793

Name:	s-l1600.gif 
Views:	340 
Size:	190.4 KB 
ID:	2794

Name:	s-l1600 (2).jpg 
Views:	329 
Size:	147.5 KB 
ID:	2795

^

Cheers thanks for the help, was pretty much bang on. Managed to bodge a fix and it works!

Glad you got it fixed!