Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Phase 1

hi there again

the stuff from BMW is called (wait for it)
    CABRIO HECKSCHEIBEN-REINIGER
    quite a mouth full unless you're a gerry !!

anyway, it works fine on the thinner Beat screens, and
    is quite good on some of the less protected parts of the lower front bumper.

part number: 81-22-9-407-665
    (they should have some in stock)

as for the TV project, i'll wait until i've assembled all the bits, then,
    i'll post a new subject (hopefully, with pikkies)

suffice to say, i'm being let down by UK suppliers so am trying
    a little further afield (usa)

i'll keep you posted on that, and, should my colleague
    crash his busa, (hope he survives, along with engine and nitro)
    i'll probably be chasing as to how the hell to fit it in.

cheers for reading this, more soonish.

P.

Big box of tricks!

Just had this little beauty arrive in the post (just 3 days delivery from japan..cheers oz!)

Its an FGK legalis and i've just watched it being bolted to my beat (what a daft place to put a fog light........just where the tail pipe is!)

Sounds nice too!

Managed to get some interior bits too from japan (air vents etc) to tidy up the inside, plus my super chip and funnels arrived too!

PW
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exhaust.jpg 
Views:	811 
Size:	40.2 KB 
ID:	352  
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Well, just 6 months on and its almost back on the road!

It took a lot more effort (and money) than i thought. That said, it wasnt my effort, and supplying my own parts helped keep the costs down.

Stuart Graham honda in Nantwich have to take the highest praise for the work they have done, including completely replacing the front brakes...totally, a top end rebuild with a repaired cam, dizzy swap etc etc ......

Its currently at the trimmers (stuart epps in nantwich) and the hood has been fitted (more expense!)
    The wheels have been refurbished, but if i'd know what they were going to cost, i would have bought new ones!

I've got a lot of tidying up through the rest of winter, fitting the bits that are painted red, stereo rebuild and cd autochanger fit.

Once its back on the road, and i'm used to its performance i'll start the mods, funnels first, then the chip swap.

Not sure if i'll get round to getting the new body panels this year, and if i move house i'll probably have to sell it!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats it for now

PW

Originally posted by Paul w
    and if i move house i'll probably have to sell it!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You've got the wrong idea on this moving lark Paul...

The real idea is to find somewhere that has enough garages so that you can keep the Beat and any other toys you fancy nice and warm in the winter...

Glad to hear that it's almost on the road, Hopefully we'll get to see it at some of the shows this year (if you can aford to go after spending everything on getting it running )

Adrian.
    Last edited by adrianp; 25-01-2004 at 06:33 PM.

Que?

plus my super chip and funnels arrived too!
    PW
    Paul,

For the ignorant amongst us (er, probably just me, then), what are the "funnels"?

Ta.

Andy.

They are the 'Mitsu' funnels, a tapered tube that you fit to the air intake ports (3 in all) and they are supposed to improve throttle response and give a few more HP.

PW

Talking IT LIVES!!!!!!!!!!

Well,
    Finally got round to picking the beat up!
    She sounded fantastic on the short trip back, but i'm not sure about the suspension setup. Seems a bit wallowy during left hand turns, but maybe it was just me. I'll take her for a proper spin during the week and see whats what.
    I'm popping the alloys back on this week too, so that may help a bit.

Oz - Just out of interest, how much are the koni shocks we see from time to time?

What it needs now more than anything is a damn good clean!! its filthy, then i can start looking at things like a new steering wheel and gear knob, new facia on the radio, and autchanger in the boot!
    At least she's back on the road!!

PW

Beat homecoming

Hurray!!!!

Finally got the wishbone replaced and drove the beat the 60 miles or so down to my new pad in South staffs. Took the backroads (obviously!) and loved every minute!

The beat sounds great, the exhaust note is raspy but deep, and without a parcel shelf carpet I can hear the induction noise too.

steering is much improved with the new wishbone, but i'm still not 100% sure its spot on, might have to go and get track/castor/camber checked. (anyone know the figures?)

Its reving freely to 8700 (bounced off the limit a few times!)

The new hood is looking great, I just need to change the studs for my silver ones.

Suddenly its all worth it, the cost, heart ache and effort. Almost stopped and put the roof down, but then it hailed so kinda put me off!

Anyone had the roof down yet this year? I can smell spring in the air, and can't wait!

I guess phase 1 is pretty much wrapped up! i'll do a final post soon!

PW
    Last edited by Paul w; 07-03-2004 at 11:45 AM.

Nice to hear its all good now.

I am taking the joy of changing my hood studs for the silver ones today.

Oh yeah. Was driving back from the docks at Liverpool last Monday. Beautiful day. Mid way, took the hood down. Was a bit nippy!

Paul, are the bys stuff going on this Beat too? Any sort of meet taking place this year? Would be nice to see it in flesh!

Re: Beat homecoming

Its reving freely to 8700 (bounced off the limit a few times!)
    Show off....

Glad to hear it's all up and running now though, Hopefully you will be able to make some of the meetings this year...

JAE @ Billing Aquadrome (Northampton) is 24th & 25th July, do you think you will be able to make it down??

Adrian.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12