Thread: 240mm vented Front brake upgrade

240mm vented Front brake upgrade

Hi all,
    I have decided to repair the front panel of the Beat after cracking it underneath last year. Whilst I am doing this I want to carry on with the 240mm vented brake conversion for the front brakes. Does any one know if the Discs and calipers for this come off any particular model of the honda jazz or if I can just go for the 240mm discs and matching calipers from any Jazz. I am aware that some of the Jazz range had 258mm discs fitted and I want to avoid these. The reason for asking is I have no scrapyard nearby who are willing to let me take a beat hub up there and see if they fit whilst in the yard so I may as well buy it all new.
    Nick
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.

Update, 240mm vented front brakes are possible!

Quote Originally Posted by old'uns View Post
    Thanks for that, I have spent some time measuring and researching, the ones to use are the 2002 to 2004 Honda Jazz gdi1/2 240mm. I think they went to 260mm after that. It is not a conversion for the fient hearted as the carriers need cutting and both the calipers and the carriers also need about 3mm grinding off them so they clear the inside of the road wheel. they are already over engineered for what is needed on the Beat so grinding them down doesn't weaken then significantly for thier new job, The backplate needs the "lip" straightening and bending back a bit, but apart from that they fit fine and utilise the same flexi hose as well and the vented discs line up perfectly. I am awaiting new pistons and seals and pads so when those are done I will fit them and see what the footpedal travel is like and post a how to on here.
    A true sports car should be designed so that when you sit in it you can put your arm over the side and touch your knuckles on the ground.