After 17 years' ownership, I'm selling my Honda Beat. Here's the Autotrader ad:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-det...02106234161789

And here's the sales pitch:

Infinitely fun, agile, rare, collectible and unmodified 1992 J-reg mid-engined open top micro sports car import - the Honda NSX supercar's baby brother. Pininfarina styled, smaller than a 60's Mini, as low as a Ferrari, and at 760kg, the same weight as an F1 car or half a Porsche.

Full Honda dealer service history. 12 Month MOT. I've driven it every week for 17 years, and never hard until warmed up. It's only been hand washed by me. At 6 foot, I fit perfectly comfortably. Non-symmetry provides elbow room despite 1.4m width – 35cm narrower than normal cars.

The 3 cylinder non-turbo 64bhp engine sounds sensational at 8500rpm limit - like a raw Ferrari. It achieves an economic 45mpg, despite Beats having the shortest gear ratios in history - at its 87mph limited top speed, it is at 8150rpm in 5th, akin to an extremely short 3rd gear in other cars. Its short throw gearchange remains one of the finest of any car.

Extremely communicative and accurate unassisted steering is perfectly comfortably weighted. Cambelt & water pump replaced in Nov 19, and new ECU in 2014. The old ECU and a spare working distributor are included. 500 miles on the nearly new Goodyear all season tyres, which help its sublime handling in rain and snow.

The roof's front corners leak a bit, and it's currently difficult to close since the rear window was recently replaced, but it’s getting easier as it stretches. A 2nd hand roof is included, ready to be fitted. An exhaust overheat warning light has been lit for years, as its sensor is broken. (Note it's separate from the Lambda sensor, which is fine). It is not required by the MOT, and I can provide evidence that it has no influence on the engine or emissions.

The bonnet has rust above the headlight, but the car has been undersealed and well maintained. Both sills' stone chip film and decals are deteriorating, but new decals are included, ready to be fitted. The rev counter is broken, but is not needed by MOTs. No Beats have anti-lock brakes. Honda UK still make and sell parts.

The mansion is not mine. Nor is the Saab (my Beat is the small dot parked behind it).

Being 25+ years old, it can now be exported to USA, increasing its value and generating reviews, e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTjTeWlEzR0 correctly said “truthfully, it is way more fun than a Honda S2000”, and https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_EfLbWlZn4 concluded that “sincerely, it is as close as any car has got to feeling like an Ariel Atom.”

Features: Original Honda alloy wheels. Disc brakes and Macpherson strut suspension all round. Rear wheel drive. 4 valves per cylinder. MTREC (separate throttle bodies for each cylinder). Electric windows. Bluetooth-upgraded 4 speaker stereo with Focal speakers. Rear wing integrated brake light. All brakes lights are LEDs. Original zebra striped carpet and seats. Tonneau cover for folded soft top. Three boots.

£3999, 97,125 miles, 4 owners. Please respond promptly, as I'm currently weighing up an offer.