Thread: 'super chip' for ECU

'super chip' for ECU

Hi folks,

I recently saw a replacement ECU rom chip for the Beat on Jap Yahoo. (same one you saw i think ade) I made a few enquiries and Oz could get them over to the UK for around 10,000 yen. (just under £50)
    OZ- could you post the link for the site? i lost it!
    Anyone fancy giving them a go? (it does involve soldering it into the ecu!!)

heres the Engrish translation

Honda Beat ECU Tuned ROM kit. This kit has a proven track record, no need for an exchange of ECU. It is not compatible with ECUs outside the 030-102001 to 030-200000 range (It has not been tested in the VerZ). Not compatible with computers that have already been altered or non-standard ECUs. Not for installation by beginners with no experience in soldering (although instructions are included, we accept no responsibility if you screw it up) The procedure is not complicated, it will take approx 1 hour to do, experienced or not. Tuned ROM, RAM geta, IC, wiring, and manual come in the set, and as an added bonus this time we're throwing in a heat resistant mat, and ECU spacer (adjust the screws). All work must be done of your own accord. IF you blow your ECU up don't come crying to us!..No Claim No return.
    Meter readings over 160kmph, it has been tested for over a year from short trips to endurance racing. On the road from Chiba to Motegi we got 20km/liter (actual results may vary due to road and driving conditions)

I'm also ordering some Air intake funnels and looking at getting a new K&N airfilter adaptor made. Let me know any interest

PW
    Last edited by Paul w; 18-09-2003 at 02:25 PM.
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Sounds interesting - any further news?

Cheers, John.

Yeah,
    Both the funnels and the chip are sat in a box in japan! shortly to be joined by a new back box.

I'll have to drive the beat unmodified first of all, then probably do the funnels mod, another drive (500km to get the ecu trained) then the chip change!

PW

Talking Ecu Chip

Hi Paul

I would be interested to give a chip a go, Do you know if it removes the speed restriction, maybe change the rev limit (not that it does not rev hard enough).

I guess you already have yours now but the info for it would be nice.

Cheers Paul.S: bounce:

Since I bought Paul's chip I can say my curiosity has been peaked, I noticed they also have a 'Beat Club' deal, buy 5-10 etc. and there is some radical discounts. To answer the rev limiter cut question, yep, its gone. It also says the fuel cut is gone too! 160kmph...anyway all the details I have are on my hompage this month. Put me down for one when you get organized....but don't take too long I might just jump the gun...

Cheers
    Oz

I was quite interested to 'read' the instructions for the chip (well look at the pictures, as my japanese isnt too good!), I thought it would be a straight ECU EEPROM swap but its not.
    It looks like you add in a couple of chips, one being an EEPROM and the other looks to be some kind of controller. a shorting link is then added between two test points.

It looks to me like this was possibly some kind of R&D facility on the ECU PCB so it will be interesting to find out what difference it makes.

Oz- are you saying there is no rev limit now?? that doesnt sound good!!

Hows the translation coming along?

PW

Thumbs up Fitting chip

Looking at the info on the site, it seams fairly striaght forward.

I have a 92 civic as well as the Beat and got a spoon chip kit just like this one, fitted it my self and it worked perfect. I have no problem with giving this kit a go on my Beat.

guy's let me know when the buying starts Im in.

Oh! he quotes 160kmph, my speedo only go's to 140kmph.
    maybe I will get some new dials as well.

How about some like this
    http://www.hondatwincam.co.jp/catalo.../electric.html

Still kmph though. can't remember where but I have seen a Beat dash with MPH dials. not the white ones on this forum though they were JDM as far as I know.

The modified dials were posted by nuna khan, he has a mate down in london that does them. I'm going to get mine done at some point, i think it was about £100 to get them done.

the ones on twincam website are around $1000 with an exchange of your old ones too!

PW

Don't forget the 'Dial madness' post as well, custom Beat dials for 25000....

Oz

sounds great!!

hi paul,
    remember me?? (steve from oxford!)
    this chip sounds brill! i am really interested in this, will you have to take out the speedo governer??? can you get hold of a performance sheet comparing the two???

heloooo!

I've yet to fit the chip, but i believe it de limits the speed restrictions and lets it rev a bit more too !!!!

I'll do a full report when ive glued it in!

PW

i want!!!

hi paul,

i WANT ONE OF THOSE!!! WHEN WILL YOU HAVE THEM READY FOR SALE????

SOONER THE BETTER!!

They are available through Oz, place your order for the big box!

(see big box thread)

PW

can't find it!

hi again
    can't find the thread you are on about!!!i have emailed oz with no reply yet!!!
    thanks anyway
    steve

Beat Box Thread

Try here for the Beat Box thread, Sloppie:

http://www.u-ukhbc.co.uk/vbb/showthr...=&threadid=647

Andy.