Thread: Sidelight Bulb Replacement?

Sidelight Bulb Replacement?

Hello all,

The near-side sidelight bulb on our Beat has just blown - I have a replacement bulb to hand but could do with some advice on how to get at the bulb to replace it.

There doesn't seem to be room to withdraw the sidelight bulb and holder from the rear of the headlamp unit so I've looked instead at removing / loosening the headlamp unit itself to give a bit more space.

Located the two bolts on the top that secure the lamp unit to the bodywork but on undoing these there seems to be something else holding the unit in place.

Can anyone advise please whether I'm on the right track and give any further pointers, or tell me I've already lost the plot and advise how it's really done.

Thanks in anticipation,

Andy.

sidelight

hi andy,

If you look in the tool kit that came with the car (if indeed one did)
    you should find a strange looking plastic thing!! long handle about 4 inches with a square block on the end. this is a little device to pull the plug through the small hole in the inside of the bonnet. havent used mine yet but according to phil of beat product's it works a treat. failing that you have a fiddly job with a pair of long nose pliers. unless anyone else has a better idea.

Rgds

Pete & Sue

As mentioned remove the plastic bung that can be found under the wheel arch behind the head lamp, and either use the special tool or long nose pliers to remove the bulb holder, its a twist 45 degrees and pull type and the bulb just pulls out of the holder.

HTH
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thumbs up Worked A Treat

Many thanks to you both Pete and Steve,

Pleased to report job successfully tackled a few minutes ago thanks to your guidance.

Another little job learned at this end, just in time too - snow started falling here at about 2115, so time to get back indoors.

(And I had often wondered what that odd-looking gadget was for!)

Cheers,

Andy.