Thread: Sad News

Sad News

It is with deep sadness that I have to announce the passing away of Chris Sykes,

I have just had news from her husband John that she passed away after a long illness whilst on holiday in spain on 13th March 2004.

She was not 100% before she went but those who knew Chris would know that she wouldn't let things stop her doing what she wanted unless she had to.

Chris's family flew out to spain and they had a small cremation ceremony out there before bringing her ashes home.

I'm sure you will all join me in offering John and their families our sympathy and condolences.

Adrian Pryke
    UKHBC No. 59
    Ipswich

Just to say one of the most genuine people you could ever meet,thinking of you John.Regards Marcus(Somerset)

Chris had taken Honda Beats and UKHBC members to heart, her efforts will be greatly missed.

My Sympathy and Condolences go out to John and Family.

Regards

Stephen Manser

I'd like to join everyone else in sending my condolences to John and the family. Chris did so very much for everyone else and was a major motivator in the UKHBC, especially when it came to charitable work. She will be sadly missed by all.

Regards

Paul W
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Although I had only written to Chris through email on a few occassions, she was always willing to lend me a hand with lots of things in my initial search for Beat related things, my thoughts go out to John & family at the passing of a loved one.

Condolences
    Mark Smith(Oz)

Condolences

our deepest simpathy's to john and family.

Pete Knowles & Sue Stephens

Chris

My deepest sympathy to John and family.
    Chris was a very special lady and I hope everyone who knew her remembers her for ever and ever, I know I will.
    Gary
    beasty boy

My Condolences.

I was very saddened to hear the news of Chris yesterday evening on my return from holiday.

I had the pleasure of working with Chris over the last couple of years in supporting her excellent work as secretary of the Honda Beat Club. Chris was a true ambassador for the club. She was devoted and extremely passionate in organising the clubs events and activities. In particular the charity event that she organised for Cancer Research last year was a prime example. This raised over £1,400 showing clear evidence of her organisational skills and her compassion to help offers.

With John’s permission, it is my wish to organise an event to raise funds for Cancer Research in memory of Chris and I would request everyone’s help and support at that time.

My thoughts and prayers are with John and both families at this very sad time.

Roger Fountain.
    UKHBC # 73
    Derby.

CHRIS

Thank you all for your kind words and wishes at this difficult time.

Chris was a very special lady and I very much welcome Roger's suggestion for a commemorative charity event.

I'd like to propose that the event is held in joint memory of both Chris and Roger Duncan, who passed away a short time ago from a similar illness.

Thanks
    John
    Law of relativity: The sensation of speed is directly related to how close your bum is to the ground - try karting!