Thread: Drift!!

Drift!!

Hi All

I don’t know if any one is aware of a Japanese cartoon called Initial D- for anyone whose interested in Japanese modified cars, drifting and street racing its a must see. Im hooked on it!

"Initial D is an anime about a 18 years old boy Takumi Fujiwara, who helps his father Bunta Fujiwara deliver the tofu from their home to a hotel at the top of the Akina Mountain everyday. Takumi Fujiwara started driving since he was 13 years old. His driving skill is very good, especially in drifting. The story begins when the racing team Redsuns comes to Akina, and challenges the local racing team SpeedStars for a race. Everybody expected SpeedStars to lose in this race. At this time, a mysterious AE86 shows up and against the Redsun's RX-7 FD and ......."

Theres loads of car racing and a few nice cartoon women, you can download it or buy it with English subtitles. One of my mates gave me the first couple of episodes on a disk and I have since purchased all the series and the movie off ebay, everyone ive lent the cds to are also addicted to it, so if you have broadband down load the first couple of episodes of kazza and see what ya think! The soundtrack off it is also excellent, be carefull though, my mate peter played it in his MR2 and thought he was Takumi and put his car through a barrier drifting!

I was wondering if OZ knows of any other similar cartoons? also if could recommended any Japanese dance music? I love driving around in the beat listening to it, I haven’t got a clue what they are saying but im sure it reminds my car of home and it makes a very welcomed change from the usual rubbish on the radio. Im seriously looking into moving to japan to work for a year after i graduate on a programme called JETS, im having dreams of Meet The Beats already!!

Thanks
    Michael
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	images.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	518  
    Last edited by Midship; 02-04-2004 at 12:51 AM.

PM sent
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

The music may be a bit pants in Dublin, but you have a great breakfast show in the form of the strawberry alarm clock on 104.

I'm sure you could download some japanese pop, using bit torrent or something similar. Not that I'd advocate the use of file sharing programs........

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

Thanks Paul- ill give it a go, the strawberry alarm clock is quite good alright, some of the songs they make up are very funny. But being a lazy student I generally find that by the time I wake up, the shows over!

Thanks Dave for the band names, ive downloaded some of the stuff and must say its excellent!

supernova on bt decided for its april fool to change all its tabs to japanese so u may have a chance on it to find some as it does provide links to some of those files .... not that i condone it either paul .......

Michael,

If you like Initial D then you should check out Bolts and Nuts, its a little on the lighter side, but the main character drives round in a Beat, In fact the cartoonist was the guest speaker at last years MTB. There are as many car related 'manga' and 'anime' as you choose to poke a stick at, maybe if you get over here on the JET program you'll get a chance to study some. Of course if you find anything you like I can always get the originals over here for you, but of course they wouldn't be subtitled in English! I will check with a manga nut at work tommorrow and see what he reccommends for you also....

http://www.members.lycos.co.uk/ozsamurai/BeatModels.htm (toys including Bolts and Nuts Tomicars)

Cheers

OZ

Hi OZ

How cool is that-A Beat Cartoon??! Sounds Excellent!! If you see any beat related DVDs or VCDS at MTB etc would you be able to pick them up for me? ill sort you out with whatever the cost is. Just had a look on your site, theres some nice toys there alright, the S800 S2000(my next car ) and the beat set would look great on the mantel piece, is the quality of the models good up close?

Thanks a lot OZ