View Poll Results: What colour dials do you want?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • All White please (black lettering)

5 62.50%
  • All Black please (white lettering)

0 0%
  • Yellow (black lettering)

2 25.00%
  • Blue (white lettering)

1 12.50%
  • Red (White lettering)

0 0%

Thread: Replacement Dials

Exclamation Replacement Dials

Hi Folks,

I'm trying to decide if its worth the cost of getting the dials sorted as per the replacement dials post in this forum.

To help me out , If you are genuinely interested can you....

1. Vote for colour you'd like
    2. Post a message so i can keep track of who what what
    3. Wait for me to get back to all of you with a price!

Oz - These will be KMH outers, MPH inners, How much do you reckon they would fetch on Japhoo?

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

I've gone for white ones!

PW

Dials

Hi Paul,

We would be interested in white..

Cheers

Pete & Sue

i would like blue ones to go with my theme please

If Barkley's gone for Blue then I'd better go for Yellow then to go with my theme...

I gather this is for all 3 sections, otherwise I'll go for black ones to make a matching set...

Adrian.

I will go for a yellow set!

I guess for us in the UK they will be in MPH only? If so that fine, remember that you will need a pulse reducer or replace the speed sensor, a UK 92 - 95 Honda Civic sensor fits so the mileage and trip count up in miles. Maybe change the mileage to read correctly too.

Paul, if this is the case for the pulse signal coming from the gearbox, are the dials made with the MPH range in the correct locations. E.g. not from the original KPH speed sensor.

Cheers Spence.

This is for all 3 dials done the same colour. The problem I have is that its only viable to do runs of 10 the same colour. They will be KMH outer scale, MPH inner (probably 10-30-50-70-90 with cal marks in between)

PW

Tinytim would like green (but I'm a bit strange like that) so I'll go for the white.
    If it ain't broke, take it apart and see how it works

Dials

White with black lettering please Paul. Are these easy to fit?

John
    Law of relativity: The sensation of speed is directly related to how close your bum is to the ground - try karting!

No idea yet John, I can't see them being too difficult

PW

well if ya have to get 10 the same fair enough but how much would they charge for a one of colour set like blue ..

My plan is to get the white ones done first and take a hit on the cost, as the prototyping costs 200 quid or so. after that i'll get sets of 10 of each colour and try and shift the remainders in japan.

PW

Hey Paul,

You may have a problem selling the dials in Japan. I think they would love the colours but I'm not so sure about the MPH bit. I thought I'd mention it as you could get stuck with them.

Just my ten cents worth

Jason
    Last edited by Jason; 20-05-2004 at 09:25 AM.

Paul,
    I think you know my reccomendations for colors for the Japanese market, as we have emailed over this one before, I suggest if they don't come in yellow then alot of sales will be lost here (this makes Adrian happy!), although there is a bulk of red Beats here, I really feel the red color would not be popular as it may be too dark, alot of people want to go for the black only because they are (verZ) look-alike dials, especially if they run up to the 220kmph marks. The figures would have to be illuminable (is this a word?) as the originals are, or they would be NG for the market here as its a requiste of registration, the Mph issue is I don't feel a problem unless the digits stand out too much, if they are an 'addition' it may be a fashionable change for the enthusiast or racers alike. If I was personally having a set, I wouldn't choose white contarary to poular choice it seems & I'm pretty sure that Japanese consumers wouldn't pay for dial facings with no color change and just having the mph which they don't use.. I would go for

Silver Beat - Black / Silver
    Red Beat - Yellow/Orange
    Yellow Beat - Yellow
    White - Dark Grey/Navy

Cheers

Oz

so wots happin here cause i got mot commin in a week or two and i need a glow in the dark mod done to the clocks hate to take em out twice

Glow in the dark??

Do you mean they have to illuminate, they do that anyway dont they? or have your bulbs gone?

Development is dependant on numbers

PW

mine has km on it and some nice person stuck mph stickers on inside but they dont glow when the dash lights are on .mot here is far stricter than mainland uk and they insist that all the numbers glow gits even check ur dash lights lol