Wheel shipping

Rochford Tyres
    Unit 1, Swains Industrial Estate
    Ashingdon Road
    Rochford
    Southend
    Essex
    SS4 1RF

Anyone anywhere near here??? I think I would like to get some tires/wheels sent over, but they don't ship OS, sound familiar? Anyone who would be able to throw a set of wheels on a boat for me? drop us a line......

Fahd you have anything coming back from your end??

Oz

What are you looking for? If I can get it here I would ship it to you.
    I have a dream

tyres

I know the shop oz if you sent me details etc should be able to help where would they be shipped from ,I was down at the shop last week very helpfull loads wheels there.
    john

The story goes a little like this, trying to find 4 hole 108mm with a 40 offset wheels for my 'exclusive' pitch is damn near impossible in Japan, however I found about 16 pages of wheels available for my model at Rochfords, with tyres and all. Ready to get out my check book and grab myself a set, they mailed a reply to my enquiry on postage saying they don't ship OS (yet they have prices for both US and Ireland lol). SO I thought I might try to find some in the US instead, but no one has the range these guys do, so.....basically if anyone is near there or can give me an address to deliver them to, I will put the order in on their site, pay for them and then I want someone to throw them in the post. I know from the US UPS or FedEx would be the easiest, but from the UK I have no idea, what kind of price are they asking, Rochfords themselves quote 300GBP to US so I gather it would be roughly the same. Don't know why they just won't send them directly to me? Bloody Yanks get all the breaks! I am deciding between a few designs as yet and whether to bite the bullet and go to full 'pimp sytle' 18". SO as a prelim to this I wanted to see if anyone would be able to inquire as to how to get them over for me. JGG maybe if you know the guys you can ask why they won't send them directly to me?

Anyway that's the story, if anyone feels inclined to help out here it would be much appreciated.

Oz

Hi Oz,

I might be able to help with this, I've just got to remember to ask at work to find out how much shipping via our Airfreight forwarder that we use...

We often send crates over to Japan but unfortunately they go direct to the customer so I can't pop then into one of those (shame that...)

I think our rates are £1.?? (one pound something pence) per Kilo via Airfreight, (thats the bit I've got to check on) It obviously depends on weight but I recon it might be easier to ship if you tried to get a price without tyres fitted...

Unfortunately, half the time, the crates can weigh almost as much as the goods inside do, but we might be able to put them on a pallet and have somethng like plywood sides slapped on to it for better protection...

All this obviously depends on how much you think is a reasonable shipping cost really.

Adrian.

Originally posted by adrianp
    Hi Oz,

I might be able to help with this, I've just got to remember to ask at work to find out how much shipping via our Airfreight forwarder that we use...

We often send crates over to Japan but unfortunately they go direct to the customer so I can't pop then into one of those (shame that...)

I think our rates are £1.?? (one pound something pence) per Kilo via Airfreight, (thats the bit I've got to check on) It obviously depends on weight but I recon it might be easier to ship if you tried to get a price without tyres fitted...

Unfortunately, half the time, the crates can weigh almost as much as the goods inside do, but we might be able to put them on a pallet and have somethng like plywood sides slapped on to it for better protection...

All this obviously depends on how much you think is a reasonable shipping cost really.

Adrian.
    I CAN GET THE WHEELS IF NEED BE I GO DOWN THAT WAY .

Hi OZ

If you want to get them shipped to Ireland i will gladly forward them on to you (as with anyting you need from this side of the world)

Thank you all for the responses, I think I have determined which ones I want finally and I think I will take Adrians advise and just shi p the rims, that way they will also come boxed usually. The 17" rims won out, but I do want the full chrome. hehehehe

So, what do you think is the sest way to go about this? How about a Mission Impossible team style event? JGG can handle the hardware, Adrian can take care of the expidition and since Adam's in Ireland....well, how 'bout the explosives? Just jokin'! I don't know how the system works with your shipping co Adrian, but would JGG be able to pick them up and say hand them over to them, or would it just be easier to have them delivered to you? Anyway lets know how to proceed that's easiest for you, I appreciate all your advice and help! Should I pay for them or maybe you could and I could just PPal the total with the shipping when its in? They will be about 405GBP, here they are BTW

http://www.rochfordtyres.co.uk/produ...=any&PT_ID=all

Cheers

Oz

B-I-G!

Hey Oz,

Hope you're tarting up the disks and calipers - they'll be very visible through those wheels!
    Law of relativity: The sensation of speed is directly related to how close your bum is to the ground - try karting!

tarting up cars is my specialty, black out the hubs and go with silver on the caipers or even a royal blue......is where I am going at the moment, also have some chrome fender trims coming from US and eventualy a full aero body kit from EREBUNI
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	850682f.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	12.2 KB 
ID:	643  

Aero Body kit......on a brick.....??? how long will that make the car??

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

adds 20cm roughly, meaning 5.20m width 178cm, height about as high as I can side kick! lol

Oz