Thread: Radio connection lead

Radio connection lead

It looks like the connection for the radio is a standard Honda plug fitting but looking at other fitments it would appear the little Beat unit uses a couple of extra pins.

On all the Honda connectors I've seen there are a few redundant pin holders but the Beat seems to use all of them. I know the outside 4 on each end of the connector are for the speakers does anyone know what the other pins are for. A full pin map would be ideal.

Also, whilst I'm on the subject, does anyone have the pin map for the C-Bus lead (CD charger lead). I'm fitting one to a philips head, which being French, uses a non-standard 7 pin connection.

Soon to be comming:
    1 Beat stereo for sale 120Watt
    Pics of my new, full leather interior, complete with standard DIN stereo fitted in the top of the dash.
    If it ain't broke, take it apart and see how it works

This should help with the pins of the radio plug

Radio plug

P.s. Ive prob got an adapter from honda 16pin to Din type plug if thats any help.
    Last edited by Steve_M; 12-09-2004 at 11:31 PM.
    Steve M

Its all gone Norfolk!!!
    Now in the Lotus position.

Thanks for the diagrams Steve, perfect (I'm sure the Beat stereo uses those 2 in the middle it says "Do Not Use" but there's certainly enough info there to connect to a standard head.

On the adaptor, how much? I've got some ISO plugs on the way which I was going to hard wire in but an adaptor may make things a bit easier.

Info for all, the CD charger cannot be controled by a phillips head. Something to do with the CD logic control. Fortunately the head I've got for the Beat is a Clarion, so it looks like I'll be back to looking for another Clarion head for the Landrover.

I have a clarion cd controller etc if it will help.it came with my cd changer but not needed ,does your 120w radio all work buttons etc.
    john
    Last edited by JGGIB; 13-09-2004 at 11:10 PM.

Hi John,

Yes everything works, some of the buttons are a bit stiff so I'll be giving it a clean prior to selling. I think it will need some spacers between some of the buttons and switches. The last time I used the cassette it played a bit slow aswell so that will get a once over. It will come with the band expander aswell.

Tim

back the screws on the switch pcb a little. If you've replaced the front, then remove the pads on the end of the switch rods, add them back in 1 by one on any that dont work after!

PW
    'Beatless for 4 years now

how much do you want for the radio?
    john
    send me pm with the price.